Chapter 24

Narrator's P.O.V.

The week went by and nothing interesting had happened to both of them.

It was the 14th March 2025, the sun had just gone down as Ava started to feel herself getting a little warmer.

She didn't give it too much thought and continued to write another job offer, as all of a sudden a wave of pain hit her. Clutching her head she went to search for pain killers. Never had that happened to her before.

Quickly Ava downed the pill with a glass of ice cold water, but it didn't help.

Half an hour later she laid on her bed in a panting mess, wishing for the unknown pain to stop. Tyler had gone out and wasn't going to come back until seven, so he couldn't give her a ride to the hospital.

Tears rolled over Ava's cheeks. What was happening to her?

The pain was too much so she couldn't even scream for help. Her throat tightened further, making it hard to breathe.

-

Tyler had sensed his mate's immense pain. He couldn't feel it as strong as she did but whenever a new wave of pain flooded through her, his head stung.

"Could you please hurry up now! My mate is in pain!" He yelled at the driver who was shaking by now.

As they finally halted in front of Tyler's house the moon shone in all it's glory.

"F*ck." Tyler growled as he realised it was full moon and Ava most likely had gone into heat.

With fast pace he strode up the stairs and into their room.

As Tyler saw Ava there, panting and crying in pain, his heart stopped for a second.

"Ava, I'm so sorry." He hurried over to her side, trying to ignore the tempting longing to finally take her and make them one.

She just whimpered.

As he touched her, the pain subsided completely for a moment.

She took the time to look at him. "What is happening to me?" Her voice croaked out.

Tyler let go of her arm to crawl into bed and the pain came back, hitting her with it's full force. Ava screamed out loud.

Tyler took her into his arms and made sure their skin touched.

"Don't you dare to take off your hands once again." She growled at him as the pain got minimized and vanished almost completely.

Tyler stroke over her head and began to explain the term 'heat' to Ava.

"When a werewolf marks his mate, she goes into heat on the next full moon. It is what you are experiencing now, sweetheart. The waves of pain that become worse every fifteen minutes. That's why only my touch can sooth it.

It is a way to push the female to complete mating with her soulmate and produce off-spring. After they mated for the first time the heat will never come back again."

Ava looked at him in disbelief. This id*ot marked her knowing about all the consequences? And now she was the one to suffer because of his decision.

What a man.

"I hate you sometimes." Ava stated, looking at him. Tyler felt guilty.

"You said the pain vanishes after we have s*x, right?" She turned around so her body was strangling his.

"So let's get down to business." Ava growled and pushed his pants down.