Chapter 27

Narrator's P.O.V.

Tyler stared at her in shock. "You...you can't have children?" He asked unsure if he heard right.

Ava nodded and looked at her hands. They seemed very interesting all of a sudden. So many patterns and lines.

"Ava, love. Please look at me." Tyler took her face into his hands. "You are the person I love most on this entire earth. It doesn't matter as long as you stay with me." Ava looked from one eye to the other, had he really said that?

"I love you too." She croaked out and snuggled closer to his chest, all fear of rejection forgotten.

They stayed there, cuddling for the rest of the morning, until Tyler had to go to work.

He hated to leave his mate alone but Alpha duties were important too.

Sighing he sat down at the table and started working.

Meanwhile Ava met up with Marie and Finn. They both had fully recovered, the wound Finn had wasn't as deep as they first thought. In a span of three days his body was back to a normal state.

"Let's have a sleepover!" He excitedly suggested and Ava nodded, smiling.

When had she last been at a sleepover?

"We can do it at my house." Marie brought the idea further. "Sure, let's do that." And so they did.

-

Tyler fumed.

How dared she to leave him alone? He didn't understand that Ava to have anyone else than him in her life, let alone sleep at their house! Tyler paced up and down in their room, trying to calm down and give her the space she seemed to need.

It didn't work so he shifted into his wolf to take a late night run.

It didn't work.

Huffing Tyler made his way towards Anders' and Marie's house, hoping that his mate would accompany him home.

But as he heard her happy laugh he couldn't.

It wasn't fair to her.

In wolf form Tyler laid down in front of the window and listened to the voice of his mate until he fell asleep.

-

"You sure are whipped, dude."

As Tyler opened his eyes, Anders stood in front of him and laughed his arse off. He slightly growled and went through the open door to get his mate from upstairs.

"Don't try me." He replied as Anders followed him.

Ava who was still asleep didn't even budge as Tyler took her up and marched back to their house. Naked may I add.

He laid her down in bed and crawled in too.

Humming Tyler closed his eyes. This is where she belonged.

That's where he belonged.