Chapter 6

On the following day they both traveled to Östersund in Ava's car. She had taken a three week vacation to be able to accompany Tyler.

In the evening they almost arrived as Tyler spoke up.

"I've got to tell you something." Ava shortly looked over at him before concentrating on the road again.

"Go on." She replied.

"You see, the city in which I live is pretty secluded and could be seen as strange from an outsider's point of view.

We all are really close and even though I am the ... landlord, as you could say, we all act like a big family. It can be a little overwhelming at times but you will get used to it quickly."

Ava thought of it as really atypical to be close to so many people but didn't comment on it. So she just nodded at what Tyler had been saying.

As they arrived at his pack and went through the golden gates Ava suspiciously eyed her surroundings.

"Are you sure this is the right way? It looks really posh for it to be a town." Her hands got a little sweaty as uneasiness about the situation settled into her system.

"Yes, we are almost there." Tyler avoiding the subject didn't make it less strange.

Had it really been a good idea to trust him?

Ten minutes later they drove through a tiny village with lots of rural shops like bakeries and little clothing stores.

It looked odd in this modern time to not see a huge clothing company or restaurant around.

"In about five minutes we'll be at my house, you just have to drive straight ahead the rest of the way."

Some apartment buildings and family homes were placed right next to the street for the rest of the way.

"How many people do live here?" Ava asked Tyler.

"About eight thousand. It's not a huge city but we still have a good infrastructure. There are two schools and a kindergarden, aswell as some crafting schools, a swimming hall, an ice rink and in the summer a lake to swim in. No one ever has to go out to buy anything from the outside world."

Did they all live in a cult?

"But of course many people do work in the city and surrounding towns. Oh and of course there are farmers so we can grow our own food too." He proudly stated.

It was strange to hear but probably normal for Tyler to live this way.

Up on the hill stood a house, that could have been mistaken for a castle. The huge mansion barely fit in with the surroundings.

Some smaller but still luxurious homes were placed around it.

There was the hierachy again.

"Where do you live?" Ava looked around to make out Tyler's house. Surely they would be stopping soon at one of the single family homes.

But they didn't.

"I live in that house in the middle." He showed her with his finger which one he meant.

Ava's eyes went wide as she realized he practically lived in a palace.

"You live in that huge castle?!" Her voice screeched while practically yelling out of surprise and Tyler winced.

Now she was sure he had to be a cult leader.

What had she gotten herself into...