Chapter 13

A knock on the door made her stumble back in fear. Was he back?

The key turned and two people walked in. "Marie! Finn!" Ava ran over and pulled them both in a tight hug. Marie only had seconds to place the tray, she carried, onto the dresser, next to the door, before she was tackled by her.

"Ava, what happened?" Finn asked as wiped away the tears from her face.

She showed them her neck but instead of horror, their faces expressed utter joy. "That is awesome Ava!"

What?

She stared at her in confusion.

"He bit me!" Ava exclaimed and some kind of realisation dawned upon both of them.

"Oh." They both said at the same time, their grins faltering.

He didn't tell her.

Just as Marie was about to explain, Tyler mind-linked them both. "Don't tell her what the mark means. It is my own grave that I have to dig." He growled the last part, then he vanished.

Tyler had met both of them on the tennis court in the morning, stating that something had come up and they should go to Ava and keep her company, while he was gone.

"Look Ava, I am sure everything that happened so far is new and unusual for you, but there is a reason behind it." Marie stated and looked at Finn, urging him to say something too.

"Yeah, look, our ma-boyfriend's did the same thing." He showed her the scar on his neck. "It is a common practice to show someone that you like them." Ava stared at them in confusion.

"So you just go around biting each other?" She looked between both of them. "Did you mark each other as well? Because of your friendship?" Marie and Finn looked at each other in disgust. The thought of someone else, except their soulmates, marking them was creepy to think about.

"No, it's more to show someone's... love interest." Marie explained unsure if they already told her too much.

"But hey, we brought you breakfast!" Finn changed the theme before Ava could say anything else and went to pick up the tray.

Marie gave Ava's hand a slight squeeze, which calmed her down.

They sat on the floor and ate while talking and joking around. It felt good to have her friends around her, but she dreaded the moment of Tyler coming back.

At least that's what she told herself. A small voice in her mind wished for him to returns as soon as possible.