Chapter 3

It started to get dark again at two o'clock. January is always really dark far up north but it's getting lighter slowly, day by day.

Ava had managed to get her patient to sit at the table with her and eat the vegetarian dinner she had cooked.
He awkwardly stirred the soup with his spoon instead of eating it. Normally Tyler only ate dishes with meat. How was he supposed to swallow these...vegetable things? They were not as huge back in his pack than what she made. Didn't she eat meat?

Sceptical Tyler inspected the monstrosity further.

"You have to eat to get healthy sooner." With dull eyes Tyler looked at her. Did he really have to eat this mountain of cooked colourful stuff?

Ava had to hold herself back not to laugh. This tall, grown up man acted like a child when it came to vegetables. Amused she continued to observe him.

His mate Ava seemed to be really concerned so Tyler carefully took a few spoons full of soup. But swallowing was hard with that huge wound on his throat.

It annoyed him to death that silver damaged it, otherwise it would have started to heal already.

His body would heal faster than a normal werewolf's thanks to his alpha genes but there was a big possibility of him never being able to talk again. And that got to him.

Who is he supposed to be without his voice?

How would he be able to communicate with people other than his pack?

How would his mate accept him?

Tyler was drowning himself in self-pity and it seemed he would not get out of there anytime soon.

-

It's been a week since Ava had found him in front of her driveway and a lot of things had changed.

The big, buff man was really gentle and caring, despite of what she had imagined him to be like. He seemed like a soft teddy bear with a huge heart. Sweet.

His wounds did heal extremly fast and there weren't even scars to be seen. While she was weirded out by that fact, for Tyler it seemed normal.

He told her not to worry about it.

His voice was still lost but they were doing speaking exercises since yesterday.

Strangely Ava started to develope feelings for the man in her home. Just being near him got her heartbeat up to a hundred.

It worsend when she went to work. The feeling of loss and the nagging about not being near Tyler all the time started to drive her crazy.

All the while that guy seemed to have no emotions at all.

Him not being able to speak didn't ease the situation one bit.

After two and a half weeks of trying the exercises Tyler managed to speak few words with his croaky, deep voice. It would take a long time to fully heal but it was a blessing to see the therapy really worked.

From now on Ava felt goosebumps everytime the man said something. It felt strange but yet so normal and save that she soon forgot about it.

Tyler was getting his hopes up to no end now that he had his voice back. It wouldn't be long now until they both could accept the mate bond.

His wolf was itching him to mark Ava but because she was human he had to hold him back.

With longing Tyler stared at her all the time, whether she noticed it or not.

They had been on the search for their mate for a long time now.
He might not look like 108 but he was it.

Being an Alpha didn't make it any easier. Fathers had demanded him to take one of their daughters, Alpha females who didn't find their mate wanted to mate with him but he denied.

His parents had been lucky to be mated to each other and Tyler wanted the same luck they got. So he waited.

He stayed away from the opportunities and seached for his other half.

To say he felt thankful for his decision after he met Ava was an understatement.
Now he could wait until she felt comfortable too, that was for sure.

"Tyler?" Ava asked him out of the blue.

She had been working on a project for hours on end leaving him alone.

"What is it?" He went to his mate and looked over her shoulder to see what she was working on.

It was an outline of stairs. How boring it must be to be an architect and then having to design stairs... don't they all look the same anyway?

"I was wondering if you could call your family to tell them that you're fine since your voice is back. They must worry a lot." She looked up at him and noticed the thoughtful look in his eyes.

Did he even have a family?

*Are you glad Ava managed to help him get his voice back or would it have been more interesting to read if he stayed mute?*