Chapter 29

The first of July arrived. It had been half a year since Tyler was saved by Ava.

It was also their 3 month anniversary so Tyler asked her to go on a date with him.

She gladly accepted.

Right now the both of them are sitting in a small, cozy restaurant.
The low mumbling from other tables conversations bring a pleasant athmosphere.

"What can I get you?" The waiter asks them both.

"I would like marinated salmon with dill potatoes, please." The waiter writes it down and turns to Tyler.

"What about you sir?"

"I'd like the Kåldolmar, twice please. As well as the big mexican burger and blueberry soup for us both as dessert."

Ava could barely hold back her laugh as she looked into the waiter's face.

He looked at her with a 'is-he-serious' look and she nodded, a hand covering the huge grin on her face.

As soon as the waiter goes back into the kitchen Ava looks at her mate. "You're truly something else. They already serve werewolf sizes here!" She giggles.

"I'm an Alpha." Tyler shrugs his shoulders and tries hard not to break out into laughter as his mate lightly slaps his hand.

The other pack members try to blend out their Alpha and Luna joking at their table, but huge smiles are printed onto everyones faces.

Finally the lone Lycan found his other half.

-

After dinner they both took a walk to the lake.

Ava held Tyler's hand and giggled whenever he said something cheesy to her.

"Ava my love." Tyler stopped walking and looked down at her.

He sighed and went onto his knee.

A beautiful ring laid in his hand.

"Do you wanna marry me?" Ava didn't know what to say. Of course she wanted to!

...but that would be a commitment for life? How would she explain to her parents that she would marry a man she knew for about 6 months only?!

"I...I need a moment please." With those words she stormed off into the opposite direction, leaving Tyler dumbfounded and heartbroken.

"Why did she run?" His wolf whined and howled in despair.

"I don't know buddy." Defeated Tyler sat down and waited for her to return.

Ava ran and ran and ran. She didn't know what had gotten into her but the proposal scared her to no end.

On her way through the woods she stumbled upon Finn, who halted her in her steps.

"Ava, what are you doing here?" He asked concerned.

"Ty...Tyler, he." She took a deep breath. "He proposed to me."

Finns eyes widened. "Congratulations! When is the wedding? Oh my go-"

She interrupted him. "No, you don't understand. He tried to propose and I ran off!"

All Ava got as a reaction was a 'are-you-stupid-go-back-to-him' look from Finn.

He slapped her on the back off the head.

"How dumb can you be? Go back to your mate who acts like a puppy to get your approval and say yes already." With a huff Finn turned Ava around and pushed her back into the direction she came from.

"Don't chicken out off that." He mumbled in disbelief and shook his head as Ava went back to her mate, her hands shaking.

*Who is your favorite character in this book?*