Chapter 22

"Mike!" I bark through the mind-link while running faster and faster. "Are you there yet?!"

Panic consumes my entire being.

"In a minute Alpha!" he replies stressed.

It will take me five more minutes but we don't have that time.

"Anders! What about you?" Anders groans and I can see the sweat dripping off him from my inner eye. "Not yet Alpha!" He replies, his voice shaking slightly.

No wonder, all our mates are in danger!

"I can not loose her again!" He howls in pain and I understand.

"Everything will be fine." I tell both of them. We can make it. "You won't loose Marie Anders, she has learnt how to defend herself. It was different...back then."

"I'm here! They look fine, Marie has some scratches but it's not deadly. Luna is fine, Finn is...we have to bring him to the doctor as soon as this is over!" Mike winces and I look out for the worst. If his mate is injured, their bond is weak as well.

With one last push of adrenaline I reach my speed limit. Three more minutes.

I'm coming Ava.

-

Narrator's P.O.V.

Tyler stormed onto the parking lot. Finn laid there on the ground, blood streaming out of his stomach. His precious mate Ava sat next to her friend and cried, while trying to stop the blood. She seemed unharmed.

A rogue suddenly appeared right behind her. Tyler roared and shot forward, throwing the beast onto the other side, away from his mate.

He stormed after the creature and ended it.

Twelve were left.

Mike and Tyler fought side by side, killing rogue after rogue. As soon as Anders arrived Marie stepped back and let him fight off the last monsters. She had a broken paw and a deep claw mark on her left leg by the end of the attack.

"Marie!" As soon as Anders transformed back into his human form he ran over to his panting mate.

Tears welled up in his eyes. "I'm so glad you are okay, never leave the pack grounds again without telling anyone!" The petite girl wrapped her arms around the Beta and cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry." She mumbled and let him place her in one of the arriving cars, which would bring them back onto packland.

Mike had started to mourn over Finn by the time. He was in a weak position, the blood loss high. Tyler and Mike carried his mate into the car and hoped he would stay alive until they reached home.

Ava sat on the floor, next to a big blood patch, Finn's blood. She stared ahead, totally shocked by the events. As Tyler approached her she looked up at him with glossy eyes.

"Tyler!" She croaked out and let her mate pick her up like a monkey.

"He will be fine. They all will be." Tyler whispered into her ear while rubbing her back in a soothing manner.

He placed his mate in her car and got into the drivers side.

"Don't ever go outside the packland without giving me a notice before." He told her sternly and Ava nodded.

She would never do that again.

-

"What have I told you?! You and MY mate were in danger because of your reckless behaviour!" Tyler fumed and yelled at the shaking Marie.

"She couldn't know that it would happen Alpha." Anders answered calmly and pulled his frightened mate into a hug.

Tyler huffed. He gave her a stern look, then went out of the room to get back to Ava as fast as possible. Never would he leave her alone again.

From now on three bodyguards watched over Ava, without her noticing.

Tyler still wanted to give her the illusion of freedom, but also insure her safety. So they were kept in the shadows.