23. Stench

"Let them be replaced the moment he complains to Aleesha about the smell." Malam mai yanka dismisses Lash and she messages Aleesha telling her to meet her at the back of Sa'eed's house.

"Habeebtee, did you change your perfume?" Sa'eed asks scrunching his nose at the smell emanating from Halima, she smells like a decaying toad for some reason unknown to him.

"No, why?" Halima turns to face him on the bed making a bile rise up to his throat, he feels like throwing up because of that smell. What's happening?

"Nothing, have you taken your evening bath?" Halima nods yes and he shakes his head, wondering why his wife smells like dead rat.

Alesha being the devil's incarnate she is, has been listening to their conversation all along. She smiles, now it's time for step two.

She walks out and checks the time, two minutes to twelve. Standing there, a car pulls up in front of her and she swiftly enters. After driving a little faraway from Sa'eed's house, Lash parks.

"This is basically everything. He said you should replace it when Sa'eed tells you about the smell." Lash says handing a nylon to Aleesha.

"Okay, I'm sure it won't be long before he talks to me about it. He has already noticed it." Aleesha smirks and Lash nods.

The next day, Halima wakes up to an empty bed, Sa'eed is nowhere in the room. Not giving it much of a thought, Halima takes a bath and dresses in a pink crop top, black high waist denim jeans and a black cap. Slipping into her pink furry slippers, Halima enters the kitchen to see Aleesha, in her kitchen.

"What do you think you're doing?" Halima asks casually as if she's not burning with rage inside.

"Whipping up some breakfast for my Romeo, you know, the type that doesn't stink." Aleesha winks at Halima.

Deep breaths, deep breaths Halima. You're better than her, you're married and she's just a useless whore walking the face of the earth shamelessly.

Halima smiles at her and opens the fridge before bringing out the food she had already made last night, Sa'eed's favorite. She knew Aleesha would try some shit so she took precautions.

Warming the food up, she dishes it in a bowl. It's rice pudding with grated coconut topped with iced cherry popsicles for Sa'eed. And for her, she warms up swiss rolls.

Throwing another sweet smile at Aleesha, Halima places everything in a tray and picks Sa'eed favorite juice from the fridge, cucumber mocktail then adds it to the tray. A cup, a spoon, a fork, cake knife and ice cubes follow on the tray and Halima leaves Aleesha still preparing her 'delicacy'.

"Habeebee. I'm here with breakfast." Halima calls and Sa'eed emerges from the room downstairs.

"What were you doing down here? Our room is upstairs you know?" Halima squints her eyes at him.

"Hey, I got hungry and came down for a little snack. After finishing almost all the fruits, I fell asleep in the room." Sa'eed shrugs before taking a peek at the tray.

"Yay! Swiss rolls." Sa'eed grins like a child and collects the tray from her. This man! Can't he behave his age?

Halima just shakes her bead and sits on the couch. Leaning on Sa'eed, she sees him scrunch his nose.

"Habeebtee are you sure you're using your perfume?" Sa'eed asks with furrowed brows.

"Yes Sa'eed. Why do you keep asking me that? Am i stinking?" Halima widens her eyes at the realization.

"No."

"Liar! Let me go and use sone perfume. Don't finish my swiss rolls. There's rice pudding there." Halima hurries up the stairs while Sa'eed's eyes light up as he looks at his pudding. It's just the way he likes it.

Just as he's about to take it, Aleesha comes out of nowhere and carries the tray into the kitchen before bringing back another. In the new tray, there is ginger tea - Sa'eed hates ginger tea -, there is also french toast then fruit salad. The only thing there that Sa'eed can consume is the French toast. As mentioned before, he hates ginger tea. He only takes fruit salads in the evening or at night.

But not wanting to break Aleesha's heart, Sa'eed picks the French toast and starts eating. Did she smear mayonnaise on it? That's not how Sa'eed likes his French toast. Is that even how to make French toast? Sa'eed doesn't know but he sure doesn't like mayonnaise in his French toast.

He drops the bread and smiles at Aleesha and struggles to swallow the bit of the bread disaster - that's what Sa'eed is going to call it - he bit. Aleesha smiles triumphantly, thinking she has done something good.

"So, I heard you telling Halima to take a bath, is she stinking? You do know that if you tell a girl she's stinking even if she really is then she'll be very offended right?"

"Yes, I know all of that but I didn't actually tell her she stinks. And I've noticed it since a day before yesterday. It's suffocating me and really, it makes me want to puke sometimes. But I don't want to hurt her feelings. You're a girl, what do you think I should do? " Sa'eed voices out his thoughts which have been disturbing him since a day before yesterday.

"Just tell her about it. She's your wife, I'm sure she'll understand." Sa'eed nods and turns only for his eyes to meet with the teary ones of Halima looking every inch tantalizing in her milk body hug and chocolate palazzo pants. Why'd she change?

"Habeebtee.." Halima cuts him off with a hand raise and runs up the stairs. Sa'eed follows her and that leaves Aleesha alone smirking in the parlor. She calls Lash.

"He has complained. Get the Kohl, perfume and food whatever ready. Don't forget, I'm changing everything today which is sunday, by Sunday the Kohl, perfume and appetizer should be ready." Aleesha cuts the call when she hears crashing upstairs. Rushing upstairs, she sees Sa'eed outside begging Halima to open the door whike she thrashes all her perfumes and his, giving of a stench that makes Sa'eed want to puke.

"Habeebtee I'm sorry please. Stop, you might hurt yourself. Halima please." Halima finally walks out with blood trailing under her palazzo pants. Sa'eed notices it and tries to run after her but she locks him inside the house from outside. Before he can get the back door key, Halima has loosed the chocolate viel she tied as a turban and rolled it into a muffler. As Sa'eed opens the door, an uber appears and Halima gets inside the uber.

"It's okay Romeo. Just take deep breaths. I'm sure she'll come around, she just needs space." Aleesha says with a hand on Sa'eed's shoulder. Sa'eed nods and walks inside. She feeds him the rice pudding and together, they clean the mess Halima made upstairs.

After that, Sa'eed steps out of the house for some fresh air. Thank goodness he's resuming work tomorrow. One month one week after his marriage and all this is happening, maybe he was never ready for the marriage.