20. Reconcilation

Audu walks in and goes over to Halima who is sitting on the bed with a far away look in her eyes. He caresses her cheeks making her flinch. When her eyes fall on him, she hugs him and lets it all out, soaking his track suit.

"Subhanallah! Leema baby why are you crying?" Audu shrieks worriedly.

"Daddy, how I've missed you. Please take me with you." Halima sniffs making Audu chuckle.

"Leema baby you're married now so even if I wanted to take you with me I can't. It's just one month after your marriage fah." Audu chuckles.

"Daddy please, I don't want to be married to him again." Halima cries.

"Halima stop being a big baby Dan Allah. You're married now." Hajjo says sitting beside her daughter and husband.

"Mummy." Halima hugs her mother, how she misses her parents.

"Halima how are you?" Hajjo asks soothingly.

"Mummy wallahi I'm not fine, can you believe that Ya Sa'eed doesn't trust me?" Halima cries harder. Sa'eed closes his eyes, oh no.

"Trust? What happened?" Hajjo asks looking at Sa'eed, the latter gulps and avoids eye contact.

"He accused me of doing something... Something... Something..." Halima starts to gasp for air, trying to trap as much air as she can in her lungs. This action scares Sa'eed a lot as he has never seen her like that. Granted, he's aware - now at least - that she's an asthmatic patient but, it just baffles him.

Hajjo presses the help summon button on the bed to alert the doctors and soon after, a doctor - with a nurse towing behind her - come in. The doctor asks them to excuse them and they all leave, knowing it's just normal hospital protocol.

"Sa'eed." Audu calls in a gruff low scary voice that holds alot of underlying threats. It's as if he's warning him.

"Na'am Daddy." Sa'eed answers, head hung low.

"I want to know exactly what happened. If you lie to me, you won't like the outcome. You know who I am and what I can do regardless who you are." Sa'eed nods.

He narrates everything with a heavy heart, almost tearing up in the process. Hajjo just looks at him, with anger, sadness, pity - of what Audu would do to him - and surprise. How can he think so lowly of Halima, as if he is just knowing her? He has known her right from while she was in pampers, so what triggered this thought?

But Hajjo doesn't really blame him, if she was in his shoes, she would've done worse. Probably even pronouncing Talak on Halima. No sane man that wants to protect his wife's honor and is jealous of her would see his wife in a compromising position and just ignore or let it be.

This, makes her to even like him more and believe that he is the ideal one for her daughter.

Audu on the other hand just sits there, his face void of any emotion. Even if you are a witch, you can't tell what's going on in his mind. Only Allah and he - Audu - know what he's thinking.

"Sa'eed." Audu calls with the same voice he did the other time making Sa'eed's heart skip a beat.

I'm dead meat today.

"I don't blame you for what happened, neither do I blame Halima." Audu says with a slight smile which looks like a smirk, making Hajjo raise her head up hurriedly. Sa'eed doesn't even move, he's too surprised.

"Any man who sees his wife in such that you've seen yours would do the same thing you did, maybe even worse. I for one would've just divorced her or probably beat both of them to death, Astagfirullah. And I understand you because I'm a man like you and I know how much you love my daughter.

"So, I'll talk to Halima for you, no need to worry about that. Let me just tell you something, after you've reconciled with her, make sure you both make each other three promises; to never hide things from each other, to never go to bed angry with each other and to never look at another man or woman - however the case maybe - the same way you look at each other or even better. " Audu is cut off by the doctor. They were too engrossed with each other to notice the doctor.

"She's been stabilized now, but we've administered anesthesia so she's going to be asleep for the next few hours. Who's the closest to her here? " Sa'eed looks at Audu fearfully who gives him a go ahead nod.

Sa'eed says he's the one and he follows the doctor to his office.

"Who are you to the patient Halima Audu?"

"I'm her husband. "

"Okay, that means you're aware that she's an asthmatic patient." Sa'eed wants to say at least I do know but refrains from doing.

"Yes, I do."

"Well her Asthma is usually triggered by strong emotions and smoke. If she's too happy, too sad, too angry and she keeps it bottled up or she inhales smoke or dust, then it attacks. Don't ever allow her to keep her emotions in, if she's angry, sad or happy, make sure she lets it all out. If not, she might cause heart problems for herself or high blood pressure. Beware." The doctor concludes and hands over a prescription to Sa'eed.

"This is the list of drugs, go get it from the pharmacy section." The doctor leans back in his chair. Sa'eed takes that as his cue to leave.

After he has gotten the medications he walks into the room to meet a sleeping Halima. Hajjo is already dozing, she's sleepy, tired, knackered out and extremely exhausted. Today has been a roller coaster ride for her.

Audu takes his wife home with a promise to be back the next day. Sa'eed holds his wife's hand until he falls asleep.

"Toh, Aleesha. Make sure you put everything in place such that you don't need to go back there. We need to set our ball rolling." Lash says as Aleesha releases her from the hug.

"Don't worry, I'll spend just one week in Santorini and I'll be back before you know it. I already have people taking care of the other branches." Aleesha says dragging her little suitcase.

Santorini, Greece.

"Welcome Ma'am."

"Thank you, I need to have a meeting with all the senior members tomorrow morning 8am sharp!"

"But Ma you're just coming back."

"I said i want to have a meeting at 8am sharp. What's your business? If there's a meeting then cancel it. This is very important. Leave this place now!" Aleesha looks through some documents and smiles, she has already found the perfect candidate, this just makes things easier. It seems luck is on her side. She'll go back to Nigeria, Abuja to be precise and set the plan in action.