42. Paris And Family Problems

"Mummy wallahi na gaji. Isn't it enough?" Halima whines and Hajjo glares at her.

"You're going to a whole different country Halima. You don't know how things are going to be there. You've already been through so much here and despite being home for one month, you're still not back to your normal self." Halima gulps at the last statement, all that happened in that one week flashing before her eyes, not even a single second forgotten. Hajjo places her hand over Halima's own as she's visibly shaking. That's what happens anytime she's reminded of him.

"Yes mummy." Halima manages to say and Hajjo smiles fondly at her daughter. Her baby girl has been through a lot.

They walk back to the car and drive home. Immediately they reach home, Hajjo continues packing up all of the necessities for Halima's three weeks brushing up course. It's a gift from Sa'eed which was given to her on her birthday and she can't let it go to waste so...

After they've finished the packing up, Hajjo and Audu call Halima to their room.

"I've credited your account and here." Audu hands Halima a ticket to a two months entrepreneur training for Chefs. It states that the participants will be given a certificate which will enable them to be chefs anywhere in the world. There will also be a competition after the training and whoever wins will be awarded a chef hat and apron signed by one of the best chefs from their motherland. The person will also be given a huge kitchen which can also be used as a training center for catering or a culinary school in the heart of Paris. A camera crew will be given to them.

Halima squeals making Audu smiles. She hasn't smiled genuinely since she was found and he feels proud of paying almost two hundred thousand naira for the ticket. It was at the last minute that he figured out about it. He pulled some strings and after a long time, someone sells a ticket to him because his daughter wouldn't be able to attend. She's a sickle cell patient who just got pregnant so they don't want to take any risks, they're going to keep her at home on bed rest till she delivers the baby.

"Now get your suitcases so that we can start going to the airport, we wouldn't want you to miss your flight." Halima nods and rushes inside her room, adding little skips here and there to her steps to show her giddiness.

"I just hope she'll be able to cure and make a good decision about him on her own. I can still see it in her eyes that she loves him, but the problem is that she's scared of him." Audu nods at Hajjo and she sighs.

Soon enough, Halima comes out of her room dressed in a simple a black with white star designs A-line material gown with a plain white cotton veil. She completes the look with a black flat shoe and a black back. She drags her two suitcases to outside Audu's room then announce her presence.

They drive to the airport and say their goodbyes. Halima boards her plane and leaves. Cheers, to a new life.

"Turn left." Lash says wiping her tears as she remembers the way she was disgraced at Zulqa's home.

Lash enters with Zulqa showing her the way. She gapes, she knows Zulqa is rich, but she didn't expect him to be this rich. The house is an extremely beautiful antique-mordern building which has this traditional homey vibe to it. It's painted in gold, black white and grey.

Walking inside, they hear commotions coming from the inside.

"Tell Zulqanayn to come down right this minute. You don't want to see what I can do." A man who obviously is in his late sixties says immediately Zulqa approaches the room.

"Zulqanayn isn't at home right now father." A voice which Zulqa recognizes as Aws' says, venom dripping off his voice as he says the word father. Zulqa smiles, mentally making a note to hug his brother for standing up to the beast that's sadly their father. His smile drops just his steps quicken as he hears his so called father's next words and actions.