45. Amal Exposed

Halima opens her eyes to a white room with everything white. Maybe she's at a hospital, who knows? She closes her eyes, trying to remember what the heck happened to her. She remembers now, she threw up, then heaved then Hajjo told her to come to the hospital, then she met a cute pregnant unmarried lady, Miss Samantha.

Then Afnan called to tell her that Innayo twitched her fingers, then she went to meet the doctor, then he sent her to get some tests done and then she was told she's pregnant.

With tears in her eyes, she drops her eyes to her normal sized belly.

"Hey baby. Daddy gave me to you in the worst way ever. But it doesn't really matter. I'm going to love and protect you from all of the evils of the world. You might have been created through the worst way ever, but I'm going to make sure you're the best baby ever. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me and I promise to love and protect you till my last breath. I love you Babyn Mami." Halima wipes her tears and rubs her tummy lovingly.

"Mrs Halima, how do you feel?" One of the nurses snarls. Why do people go into fields that require them to do things they know they can't do wholeheartedly? Seriously though.

"I feel great. Can I leave?" Halima asks, willing herself not to slap the scowl of the frowning nurses face.

"Yes, please do." The nurse says, sarcasm dripping off her tone.

"You can be nicer you know. Imagine looking at a rape victim like that, how'd you think she'll feel?" Halima asks and the nurse rolls her eyes.

"You don't get to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Please, with all due respect, leave." Halima hisses and get herself off the bed. She picks her grape crinkled veil and roll it Indian style before slipping on her Hermès slippers, picking up her rose Dior bag and walking out.

She walks to the reception and asks if there's anything she'll need. Miss Samantha suggests she sees her gynecologist as the said doctor would know everything about her reproductive system thereby knowing the right drugs and advices to give her. Halima nods thankfully before she walks out to her Peugeot 206 and drives back to the hotel.

Just as she collects her keys and turns to head to her room, her phone rings. She rummages her bag and finds it snacked in between her national identity card and driver's license. She brings it out and sees that the call has been turned into a missed call. There is six other missed calls awaiting her attention to them, all from Hajjo.

Just as she puts the phone with a promise to call Hajio once she changes and takes a bath as she smells like disinfectant, the phone rings again. She sighs, entering the elevator and at the sane time picking the call.

"Halima why haven't you been picking my call? Have you gone to the hospital?" Halima sighs. She isn't going to tell her mother about the beautiful being growing in her inside, her baby.

"Yes, the doctor said I must have eaten something I'm allergic to, and then I realized the food I took contains periwinkle." Hajjo sighs.

"You surely scared me." Halima says sorry sheepishly and ends the call. She closes her eyes and sighs, then suddenly remembers to call Doctor Maryam.

She picks her phone and searches for her contact. She calls her and the doctor picks up the phone after it has gone into voice mail twice.

"Assalamu Alaikum Halima you're alive?!" Doctor Maryam says and anyone can sense the guilt off of her voice. Halima swallows a thick gob of saliva and forces it down her throat.

"Why do you ask?" Halima asks ever so nonchalantly even though tears have gathered in her eyes.

"Oh no specific reason. What's going on? To what do I owe this surprise call?" Halima wipes her tears and says a nothing before cutting the call. There's no freaking way she's going to continue seeing Doctor Maryam, that useless hypocrite. She couldn't even keep to the hospital law of patients' information confidentiality. And Halima was thinking they could be friends somewhere along the line, how absurd!

Halima immediately blocks the number and sniffs, everyone is a hypocrite. They're all selfish idiots. Sa'eed, Amal, Doctor Maryam, Aleesha, all of them.

Amal!

Halima quickly pulls her laptop from where it lays on the table that's sitting on the coffee table. She quickly logs into Skype only to see that the people she'd like to call aren't online.

Halima calls Abba, Hajjo then Hamza. The first and last need to know what's happening behind their backs yet right under their noses while the second, well she just has to tell her, afterall she's her mother and her second best friend. She would've loved Fatima to join in on this call but she knows she wouldn't even get to her now. Fatima said she'd call her before calling anyone else once she's done with her therapy.

Halima goes to Zoom and decides it's a better app for what she wants to do, afterall Zoom is for formal meetings and this couldn't get more formal.

After they've all gotten connected on Zoom, Halima goes straight to the point. There's no use stalling and she doesn't even like to stall.

"A day before I came to Paris, Amal came to me with the stupidest and most absurd idea ever. I thought Amal loved Teemah, until that day."

"Adda Halima, I need your help. I need you to help me get rid of Fatima." Halima furrows her brows.

"Get rid of Fatima? Are you okay? Did you hit your head somewhere?" Halima asks feeling Amal's temperature.

"No Adda Halima, aren't you sick and tired of watching Fatima get all the attention? I know I am and I have the perfect plan to get rid of her." Amal snarls and Halima nods. She knows there's something wrong so she goes with the flow. She needs to know what this 'plan' is.

"Okay, I'm willing to help. What's the plan?" Amal smiles victoriously as Halima drags her phone to record their conversation. Surely she knows there's no need for that because Abba and Innayo would easily believe her, but she doesn't want to go around quoting her wrong. It's better if they hear it directly from Amal's mouth, even if it's just a recording.

"I have a friend, his name is Dhun Nurayn. He came up with this plan as he also badly wants to get rid of Fatima. Reason, I don't even care. Anyways, as I was saying, instead of doing something that'll just break her for a few months and then she'll get right back up, I'm going to use what Abba has been pestering her about."

"Marriage? But how?"

"Well, you see we're all created in pairs and all that shit. So if I do something to parmanently separate her from her pair, what do you think will happen?" Halima's eyes bulge out, so this is the plan all along. She can't lie it's quite a brilliant plan but why would someone do that to their sister? And most importantly, how is she going to do that?

"But how are you going to do that?"

"Well, Dhun Nurayn gave me two options, it's either we get her married to a Jinn that'd never let her be married in peace, or we completely ruin all chances of her meeting her soul mate. But I chose the second one because in the first, she can still get married, and I don't what her to get married." Halima covers her mouth to stop a gasp from escaping. Amal is a monster!

"So how are you going to do that?"

"And that's where you come in, Dhun Nurayn knows a sorcerer who we visited together. The sorcerer said all we need to do is get a few strands of her hair, tie it to a goat's heart and bury. The goat will automatically be her soul mate but since it'll be dead, she won't have a soul mate." Tears gather in Halima's eyes so much that they burn and blur her vision. She raises her eyes to a smirking Amal. Before she can do something she regrets, she manages to get Amal out of her room. Then she stops the recording before crying, she cries for her best friend, she cries for herself and alot more.

"Innalillahi wa inna ilaihir-rajiun." Hajjo and Abba say together unknowingly. Hamza on the other hand just removes himself from the conference call.

"Halima, send me the audio via whatsapp. I need to deal with that girl." Halima nods and they all say their goodbyes before she ends the call and sends Abba the audio. She checks the time and alas it's after one, she quickly performs ablution and prays Zuhr.