56. Back

Halima hugs her mother and her father before they enter the car. She doesn't even look outside because she doesn't miss Nigeria, not one bit. She only misses her family and friends. Who's she kidding? She hardly has any friends but she's going to change all that now. She has already made a friend back at France, she's a Nigerian and she lives in Abuja too. They even exchanged contacts.

They drive directly to the Abba Sulayman house as per Halima's nagging that she wants to see her Ammi, Teemah, Amalie and Afnan. Innayo was discharged two weeks ago and she's actually getting very better now.

The Abba Sulaymans want to even start planning Amal's wedding. It's just Halima they were waiting for and according to what Fatima said in the morning, Hamza's parents are coming for the sa rana next week.

They arrive at the house and Halima doesn't even wait for her parents. She just enters the house like she does all the time. On entering the parlor she's met with the one person that if it were upto her, she doesn't want to see till she dies. But she's married to this person so avoiding him is a waste.

Moreover, Hajjo has made it clear to Halima that she's going back to her husband's house because according to her he's back to his senses. Audu has been forced to stay out of the matter. It's in situations like this that Halima wishes that her father was more outspoken than he is. So bottom line is that Halima is going back to her matrimonial home once she spends a day with her mother inlaw.

The tornado of emotions she sees in his eyes make her stagger. There's craving, sorrow, apology, self hate and alot more but the most prominent is craving and apology.

Sa'eed takes slow unsure steps towards Halima and she attempts to move back hitting her leg on something and almost falling down. He catches her with swiftness and speed he never knew he possess. Halima shivers in his hands. If someone were to see them, they'd throw 'aww' and 'so cute' at them. If only they know.

The shivers might look like shivers of love or arousal, but both of them know she's shivering in fear and nothing more. Her eyes are glistening and shining with accumulating unshed tears.

"Sa'eed dan Allah..." He cuts her off by capturing her lips in his, savoring the taste. The kiss is slow and passionate. Halima isn't kissing him back though. But Sa'eed doesn't mind. He knows he's taking everything too fast because he has to earn her trust again. But she's his wife and he has missed her more than ever. Afterall, a man will always act like the man that he is.

The unshed tears start to flow out of Halima's eyes and she closes her eyes, suddenly feeling like she's floating in midair. It isn't because she's aroused, feeling loved or happy. No! It's all fear, fear that's gripping at her guts and threatening to tear her apart.

Her breathing starts to become ragged and uneven. She feels like she's slipping into a huge dark room but she holds on, refusing to give into the darkness. Her body starts to visibly shake and more tears make their way out and design her fear stricken face. Her heart feels like it's about to explode because of fear. It's all fear.

All the while, Audu is trying to so hard not to pounce on Sa'eed for forcing himself unto his daughter like that, after all he did. His daughter is getting paler by the second and he's here kissing her like his life depends on it. The only thing keeping him in check is Hajjo. She's standing beside him looking at the couple.

Her knees give away and Sa'eed stops kissing her. As he attempts to stand her on her feet, she faints. Audu attempts to make a bolt for his daughter but Sa'eed beats him to it. Hajjo holds his hand and drags him up the stairs. She trusts Sa'eed to take care of her daughter.

Within the blink of an eye Sa'eed has her in the car with the driver taking them to the hospital.

Immediately they reach the hospital he scoops her in his arms and takes her towards the emergency unit.