8. Meeting Lash

Sa'eed rushes in to see Halima Hajjo sitting in the parlor looking disturbed.

"Sallamu Alaikum." Sa'eed says as he makes himself comfortable on one of the chocolate-colored sofas.

The house consists of two parlors. The main parlor which is by the entrance for receiving guests is painted in cockroach brown and crystal blue. Its cockroach brown Cabriole sofas are arranged in a U-shape. In the middle is a one-seater facing the door to the front porch. By the left and right is a three-seater on each side.

Then, in the middle of the U-shape, is a cockroach brown Turin coffee table with the top made of glass. Under it is a crystal blue Isfahan rug. The tiles are also plain crystal blue bare of any design. Three large cockroach brown curtains with large crystal blue daises imprinted on them cover an oak door leading to the smaller parlor while the other two cover two large glass windows.

An Oled television sits majestically on the wall with two decoders - a DSTV and GoTV decoder - also sitting on a cockroach brown Donoent TV stand just below the television. On the coffee table is a a cockroach brown designer bowl with three remotes - a DSTV, GoTV and an Oled television remote - and some marbles. A small chandelier with golden jewels dangling from it adorns the P.O.P on the ceiling as a huge standing air conditioner sits at a far end of the parlor.

The other parlor is painted in Sa'eed and Halima's favorite colors - chocolate and milk. It has two chocolate one-seaters conjoined to each other by the side that doesn't have an arm rest making it look like a two-seater in the middle of the parlor facing a small Samsung television with a DVD player sitting on a small milk TV stand.

A chocolate coffee table with a twin milk bowl, one filled with assorted sweets, chocolates and candies while the other with traditional sweets such as tuwon madara, gullisuwa, iloka, kantun Ghana, ligidi, hallakabo, sealed kwakumeti in a nylon among others sit on the coffee table.

The floor is bare of any carpet or rug making the milk and brown tiles that is in a complicated design visible. An oak door that leads to the staircase is behind the couches. And a Hitec air conditioner is on the wall by the left hand side of the parlor, a small analog wall clock above the television.

The painting in the small corridor-like room is white as a flight of stairs is straight ahead and an oak door leading to the kitchen is by the left.

The kitchen is coffee in color while all the utensils are either coffee or chocolate in color. It is L-shaped and large with all the necessary appliances sitting on the counter. Under the counters are drawers with glass doors making the designer food warmers and plates visible. The sink sits in the middle of the kitchen with a smaller counter by the left making it look like a chef's. An air conditioner is placed by the top left as per Halima's request as it can get very hot in the kitchen.

A large window is in the middle part of the shorter counter of the L making the backyard - where Sa'eed plans on planting some vegetables as per Hajjo and Innayo's suggestion - visible. A large designer analog wall clock with kitchen theme is facing the sink so that anyone in the kitchen can keep track of time.

The kitchen has two bulbs - one, rechargeable while the other works with the electricity. All in all the kitchen is amazing and every cook's dream kitchen.

The staircase's railing is painted in golden brown while the rug on the stairwell is coffee. A small long corridor is what is met once the end of the stairwell is reached. Two oak doors, each facing the other are on either side of the corridor. A smaller oak door is facing the end of the stairwell.

Behind the door is a store filled with drinks, food stuff, tampons and many other things arranged on wooden oak shelves.

The rooms are all painted in either chocolate and milk or cockroach brown and crystal blue.

The painting outside the house looks like a mess up close but looks like an art work from afar with its dashes of coffee, chocolate, cockroach brown, milk, white and crystal blue.

Sa'eed looks at Hajjo and before he voices out his question, she answers him.

"We just came back from the hospital."

Sa'eed immediately tenses up. Hospital? But why?

Aleesha speeds down the well tarred road of Kuje, Abuja whilst humming to Don't Call Me Back by Mayorkun and Joeboy which is booming loudly from the car speakers she connected her iPhone 11 pro max to.

She arrives at a beautiful three storey building painted in rose red and black. The gates immediately open which means they are electric gates. After parking her car she enters the house and sits in the parlor as a lady - who looks to be around the age of nineteen wearing a black and white waitress uniform with a black and white apron-like design - comes. Her hair is in two ugly braids. She bows a little as a sign of respect.

"I'm Angela. Welcome to Humylash's home. Who are you here to see?" Aleesha looks at her amused, surprised and astonished at the same time.

"The Humylash herself. Tell her ta Romeo is here."

Instead of the astounded or confused look Aleesha expects she gets a smug-bored look then a nod. Why would Aleesha expect her to be astounded or confused? She has surely heard alot of code names from covered women.

Rich, famous and well-known women come to Humylash for herbs to use on their husbands so as to be able to boss them around. Surely they won't come face opened or use their real name. Their fame and name is of too much importance to them so they cover up and use code names which only Humylash herself understands.

The lady bows again and leaves. Some minutes later, Aleesha is ushered in to the main parlor that looks more homey. It's painted in purple and brown, absolutely beautiful. And to say Humylash lives alone in this beautiful and humongous house.

"Ta Romeo!" Aleesha is jerked out of her reverie by a beautiful dark hour glass shaped woman who should be in her early twenties. She's featuring a red atamfa sewn into a boubou that reaches her knees and a wrapper that appears from under the boubou down to her stiletto clad and red and black henna designed legs.

She waves a henna designed hand clad in three heavy looking gold bangles and two large gold rings at Aleesha.

"Humylash, long time."

"Kedai bari kawai. Meet my friend, fellow blogger, Aisha Muhammad, the classical Muslimah." Humylash says waving at a bored looking chocolate skinned beautiful lady who seems to be too acquainted with her well manicured nails.

"Nice to finally meet the classical Muslimah. Aisha..."

"Eesh." The lady corrects Aleesha.

"Sorry, Eesh. I'm Aleesha AbdulMajid."

"Nice meeting you." The lady says without glancing at Aleesha. Aleesha extends her hand for a shake but the lady looks at her extended hand.

"Sorry sweetie, but I don't do hand shakes." Aleesha feels beyond embarrassed as she slowly withdraws her hand. The Eesh girl turns to Humylash.

"Don't forget. Tomorrow, Nicon Hilton be ready, and no natives. Ciao." Eesh gives Aleesha a smug look and goes out. Damn! That girl has got some nerves! Aleesha already hates her.

"Why do you hang out with something like this shit. Did you see what she did?" Aleesha snaps. Her annoyance is increasing by the second.

"I don't like her either. She's too egoistic. I just hang with the bitch 'cause she gets me connections and ger father's loaded." Humylash says and shrugs like it's nothing.

"Well, I hate the dumbass." Aleesha yells making Humylash flinch. This is where Aleesha is similar to Sa'eed. They hardly get angry but when they do it's never good.

"Jeez. Chill girl. Let me get us a puff." Humylash says and taps a button by her chair. The girl fron earlier appears from behind a purple curtain. She tells her to bring her a pot and she goes in then comes back with a shisha pot.

It is five percent alcoholic. Aleesha takes a long puff before handing the pipe to Humylash. They continue exchanging it, Aleesha's hatred for Eesh long forgotten. If only she knows that the feeling is mutual. Hatred at first sight!