28. Limits

Halima wakes up, slowly prying Sa'eed's arm off her stark naked self. She can't believe she's naked, on the floor in the parlor with her equally half naked husband. Ya Allah! Thank goodness Sa'eed used his shirt to cover her, only God knows how she would've gone upstairs today because she knows she can't stand naked to save her life. Even right now, if a gun is set to her head and she's asked to explain how she got naked, she'll definitely die as she has no idea how. It's all Sa'eed.

Dragging her huge head tie from Sa'eed's grasp, she ties at around her waist and Alhamdulillah it goes lower than her knee just a little above her ankle. She adjusts Sa'eed's shirt on her and tries to walk only for a sharp pain to shoot up her middle. She's sore. She shoots Sa'eed a deathly glare and continues walking while wincing at intervals.

She set the bath to very hot and adds some of her chocolate-y scented bath soap. Sitting in it, a lone tear rolls out of her eyes, she's in so much pain and it's all Sa'eed's fault, she's going to kill him today. Hopefully, the hot water will numb some of the pain. After the water has turned cold, Halima takes her bath and walks out to find Sa'eed sprawled on the prayer mat in the walk in closet. He must've fallen asleep after praying.

She gets dressed in a chocolate silky night gown with small slits by the side then adds a long Jilbaab to pray with. After praying, Halima goes to the kitchen and starts cooking. Her appointment was booked last night and it's an early morning one. It's scheduled for 8.30am to 9.30am.

After she's done with the food - waffles and two hot cups of lemon tea - she wakes Sa'eed up to get ready for work. As she cleans the kitchen and washes the used dishes, a voice booms from the bigger parlor.

"Please keep your voice down, my husband is trying to take a bath upstairs." Halima says as she comes face to face with Aleesha. She knows what she said doesn't make any sense but who cares?

"Wai husband." Aleesha scoffs.

"Let's bet something, before Monday next week, Sa'eed will be all mine." Halima laughs so hard tears are streaming down her face. Wiping her tears, she smirks and stands confident and tall before looking Aleesha straight in the eye. She doesn't have to look up albeit Aleesha is taller than her, it's not much of a difference though, roughly two inches.

"Before you make Sa'eed completely yours, I'll be six feet under. Incase you don't understand English, cewa nayi mijina bazai taba zama naki sai bayan raina. Keh even if I'm dead then there's no way he'll be yours. He's mine and even if he's going to be another woman's, he'd never spare pathetic worse like you a single glance!" The sound resonates through the quiet room. Aleesha just slapped Halima.

"Aleesha AbdulMajid have you officially gone crazy or what, while we were in secondary school I knew you were crazy but I didn't know you were this crazy. I should've thought more about it when you asked if you could live in my house. How dare step foot in this house and then foolishly raise your hand to my wife?" Sa'eed booms after slapping Aleesha twice for slapping his wife. Aleesha closes her eyes silently hoping that he didn't hear her little bet with Halima. The slaps don't matter, they don't. Actually they do, but in a positive way.

After twelve years she's finally able to feel him skin to skin. Oh Allah it's the best feeling ever. So yes, the slaps are the best feeling ever. But as she remembers the actual skin to skin feeling from twelve years ago, she feels her feet turning to jelly, her knees bending on their own accord.

Time to take step two. Aleesha muses and smirks before wiping it off in the matter of a millisecond but Halima noticed it.

What could she be planning now? Halima muses.

"Romeo she insulted me fah." Aleesha walks closer to Sa'eed and flaps her veil making sure he catches a whiff of the perfume Lash prepared for her. They're rushing everything now, they can't waste time Sa'eed's birthday is in a month and few days and from the way things are going, he can remember those memories any time, any day, any where.

"Romeo..." Aleesha tries to touch Sa'eed but he pushes her, even though he's feeling dizzy, he won't let her touch him. His wife is right beside him and he doesn't need a whore.

"Stay within your limits. Don't you dare touch me." He grunts, holding his head in his hand.

"Sa'eed you just pushed me, Aleesh ce fah. Ta Romeo ce. It's me." Sa'eed holds the nearest cushion for support as a wave of dizziness overpowers him. Halima holds him.

"Ya Omri are you okay?" Halima frets while Aleesha smirks and walks back.

"Limits." She scoffs.

Sa'eed falls with a thud making Halima scream.

"Ya Omri, Ya Sa'eed. Please wake up. Innalillahi wa inna ilaihir rajiun. Ya Sa'eed please wake up."

Halima rushes and picks her phone searching for any contact that has to do with medical care. Aftee scrolling and scrolling, Halima comes across a contact saved as Doctor Maryam. She really doesn't know how it got there but she doesn't care right now, all she knows is that she needs a doctor to take a look at Sa'eed.

"Hello Doctor. Please can you come over to my house and check my husband? Yes I know you don't know the location. I'll send it to you now. Please come now, my husband has collapsed." Halima sends the house address and tries to carry Sa'eed from the floor. The guy is damn heavy. After almost thirty minutes of grunting, Sa'eed is on the cushion.

Immediately Halima changes into a flowing gown, the door bell chimes. Halima rushes and opens the door for the doctor. Doctor Maryam comes inside with a black bag in hand and her stethoscope hanging on her neck, typical doctor look.

Without further ado, Halima leads Doctor Maryam to the parlor. After about twelve minutes the doctor sighs, she's done checking him.

"Your husband is perfectly fine. Maube he's just stressed but his blood pressure, heart beat and everything is okay." Halima sighs, silently thanking Allah. Her brain had conjured different scenarios for her, damn her creative brain from wattpad.