15. IT Has Been Done

It's the day. The day for the downfall of Halima Audu Kalshingi. And Aleesha can't be any happier. Nothing can ever go wrong. Of course, nothing will go wrong. It's the one and only Humylash that planned it out and called the Paul man to take it out. Of course it'll work.

Aleesha wakes up feeling giddy, ecstatic, happy and propitious. Nothing will be able to ruin her mood even if it tried. She walks over to her suitcases, with a lilt to her steps. She takes out an army green French lace with black beads sewn into patterned flowers on it, a black turban and black Aldo flats. It isn't Friday, it's Thursday, yet she is getting all dolled up. Why? Well, that's because she will be going to be her Romeo's.

It has been done and now all she's waiting for is the good news and then she'll head out like a heroine, pretending to come for a visit. Lash comes inside chewing on her nails which is something she does when she's conflicted or doesn't have an idea what's happening.

"What happened? Hasn't your Paul done it yet?" Aleesha asks.

"He has but everything went wrong."

Paul dresses in his only new shirt and a pair of jeans. He sprays the perfume he stole from Humylash's home and walks outside looking cleaner than he has ever looked in all his thirty years of life.

For the first time in almost three years, Paul brushed his teeth, took a bath that lasted more than three minutes and also shaved his armpit. He always shaves his pubic area as it becomes too itchy or becomes a barrier between him and fulfilling his sexual desires.

He also used a deodorant which he stopped using after his primary school graduation, that was the last time he stepped a foot in school and his parents house. Where could his parents be now? Are they still in Benue? Are they even looking for him? Do they know he raped his younger sister? Either way, Paul doesn't care. He never cares about consequences, only kudi, ego, owo, money. That's all he cares about.

He sits in his working position, on a bench by the gate, in front of his room. As Sa'eed horns, he pushes the sliding gate open and closes it back once Sa'eed is inside. He goes over to where Sa'eed's room's window is located and climbs a ladder, the ladder he always climbs when ever he wants to eavesdrop.

"Baby, I only want Oreos and Bounty but you bought me Mars and Snickers. Ni wallahi dama Twix ka saya min." Halima rambles as she angrily taps her slipper clad feet on the tiles glaring angrily at Sa'eed who is trying to imitate puppy dog eyes.

"Oh stop with the twitching of the eyes. You look like a sleepy monkey." Halima says rolling her still red eyes. Last night, Sa'eed made her stay awake till three AM watching scary movies. He being the dramatic scaredy cat he is, refused to let her sleep saying the demon in the movie they watched would haunt her in her dreams.

So this morning, he finally let her sleep. Despite the two hours thirty minutes sleep she got, she looks like a zombie. Disheveled hair, swollen red eyes and puffy face is the definition of Halima's look this morning as she prepares breakfast for Sa'eed. She even mistook sugar for salt, adding sugar in the sauce she was making.

He had to eat it without any complaints whatsoever. Afterall it was his fault. After eating, she made him promise to get her chocolates, she even gave him the specific brands she wants. And that brings us to now. Sa'eed looks at her.

"Haba, baby. Pity your husband."

"Ba waninnan. Wallahi you must get me oreos and bounty. See in fact, you'll drop the snickers and mars here, get me my oreos and bounty while I eat the snickers and mars." Halima says snatching the nylon from him and tearing open one of the mars.