29. Step Two, Taken

"Doctor Maryam, since you're here already, why don't we discuss my situation?" Halima suggests seeing that Sa'eed isn't well and she can't leave him with the crazy girl called Aleesha, God knows what happened to him.

"Your file isn't here but let's get this done with." Doctor Maryam sits on a chair by the side and brings out her phone.

"So according to the last diagnosis, a drug which has become a part of your bloodstream is what damaged eighty to ninety percent of your ovaries. So as I told your husband, there are two solutions; transplant and diet. I suggest we try the diet first, if after a month we don't have an increase in the ovary count, we'll consider other options." Halima nods and doctor Maryam types something on her phone.

"Since I have your number, I'll send a PDF which will contain the diet plan. I have to ask the dietician to prepare it. Any allergies?"

"I'm allergic to snails, periwinkles and snakes." Doctor Maryam nods and Halima bids her farewell.

Almost immediately, Sa'eed wakes up shouting, screaming and gagging. Halima rushes to him and utters some Du'ahs in his ears albeit he keeps pushing her away. After reciting half of Bakarah and the three Quls in one hour, Sa'eed goes back to sleep and Halima sighs. This is definitely a spiritual problem. She suspects someone but she won't talk. Instead, she'll perform Salatul Istikhara.

She picks her Quran and Hijab then sits beside Sa'eed. She prays and in her last sitting, she recites the Du'ah that makes a nafilah salatul Istikhara.

Allahumma innee astakheeruka bi'ilmika. Wa astaqdiruka bi qudratika. Wa as'aluka min fadlikal adheem. Fa inna taqdir, wa la aqdir, wa ta'alam, wa la a'alam. Wa anta allamul quyuub. Allahumma innaka anta hazal amr Sa'eed khayrun lee fee deenee, wa ma'ashee, wa aqibatu amree.

Oh Allah, i Seek the counsel of your knowledge, and i seek the help of your omnipotence, and i beseech you for your magnificent grace. Surely, you are capable and i am not. You know abd i know not. And you are the knower of the unseen. Oh Allah, if you know that this matter Sa'eed is good for me and my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come, then ordain it for me and make it easy for me. And if you know that is this matter is bad for me and my religion and my welfare in the life to come, then distance me from it, and ordain for me what is good wherever it may be, and help me to be content with it.

Halima can't help but feel that the prayer doesn't suit the situation but Allah knows her situation and only He will understand her, for He is the knower of the seen and unseen.

She turns to Sa'eed and recites Ayatul Qursiy - a verse from Suratul Baqarah -, Amanar Rasool, the three Quls three times each and other Du'ahs. After an hour or so, Sa'eed wakes up sweating. He obviously had a nightmare but he can't seem to remember what it is.

"Chocolate what happened?" Halima narrates what happened to him and he nods.

"I'm having a splitting headache. I don't think I can go to work today." Halima nods and they walk upstairs. Aleesha is already asleep upstairs, step two has been taken. Step three is the second to the last step in the plan then the last step and then Sa'eed is hers forever, she just need to wait for night time to come, then she'll feed Sa'eed the milk.

On Friday, she'll take the last step and it's concluded.

"Assalamu Alaikum." Zulqa says walking to the backyard of Lash's house. That's where she asked Angela to take him to. Zulqa is quite impressed with the brands of cars he's seeing in the house. There are seven cars; two Porsche, a Mercedes, a Chevrolet, two Royles Royce and Bentley. She surely has good car taste, but where does she get the money from? She's HumyLash, the lady that created bell pepper dip and flour rolls, that alone is enough to earn her thousands, not to talk about the other recipes she invented.

He sits down and waits for Lash to appear. Angela brings two porcelain cups, a transparent glass jug filled with what looks like cherry juice, and some flour puffs with two forks and a bottle of toothpicks.

Soon enough, lash appears in an ochre A-line gown, an apricot veil complimenting the look and finally a grease colored Gucci flat shoe. From where she stands about five feet away from him, he can make out her cologne; Noir tease, beautiful.

In a wierd way, they're matching and it's surely not a plan. Zulqa is featuring a well starched mustard colored Getzner, ebony shoes and plane ebony cap. It's a simple yet amazing look he completed with a Calvin Klein wristwatch.

"Assalamu Alaikum." Lash smiles. Ya Allah! This is the first time Zulqa is seeing her smile and to say it's a beautiful smile is an understatement. He's definitely turning into a fan girl.

After they exchange pleasantries Zulqa inhales and exhales. He looks up at Lash and inhales sharply before talking.

"Humaira, I suspect you've understood my intentions from the meetings, calls and messages. But if you haven't, I want to make it clear. I want to get married to you. It's okay if you have to think about it. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to mark my territory." Lash blushes. But is she ready for marriage? What if malam mai yanka finds out and makes her run mad? She can't be psychotic. No! Maybe she should make sure Aleesha is off her back then she'll meet Kallakwaso for help. Yes, she'll do just that.

"I'll think about it. In the mean time let's pretend you didn't say that, eat and enjoy each other's company." Zulqa smiles and Lash serves them the cherry juice she made specifically for this meeting. She just hope she isn't making a mistake by letting him in.