Chapter 1: The Mysterious Roommate

There's nothing quite like gay panic in the middle of the night.

Aaron stared at the sleeping figure, confused as hell. Just a moment ago that bed was empty, but the more he thought about it, the more his mind rationalized what had happened.

He must have been dozing off when this guy came in. 

That didn't make it okay though. Aaron was supposed to have this room to himself. He even paid extra rent for that exclusive right. So what the fuck was going on? Did the landlord lie about him having a roommate so he could pocket the extra cash? That wouldn't make sense though, because he would demand his money back if that were the case. This had to be some sort of mistake.

He should have been suspicious when he spotted the extra bed. Instead, he had convinced himself that it was just old furniture from the previous tenant. Maybe the low cost was too alluring for him to question his new living arrangement? After all, he did just move into a random townhouse with a bunch of strangers. It wasn't even a fancy house at that. His room in particular had that pasty yellow wallpaper with stained ceiling tiles. He had one small closet, which was full of boxes, and a small dresser, which was likewise covered in boxes. A random assortment of stuffed animals littered his bed, which pressed against the north wall next to the window.

Aaron scratched his head as he went over the strange situation for the umpteenth time that week. This wasn't the first time this mysterious stranger had apparated in the guest bed, but it was the first time he got a good look at his face. And damn, was he handsome. 

The man was hugging his pillow with one leg sticking out from under his Micky Mouse covers. When he rolled over, the blankets slid down enough for Aaron to get his first real good look at the guy. His platinum blond hair was striking against his tanned skin. His lips were slightly parted while he slept, and his angular cheekbones made him look like some sort of model that Aaron could only ever dream of seeing in a magazine. 

The other day he had asked his other housemates who he was sharing a room with, but none of them had any idea what he was talking about. It had gotten to the point where he wondered if what he was seeing was just the blankets clumped together to look like a sleeping figure. Tonight proved otherwise. 

Aaron thought he'd met everyone in the house by now, but since none of the others knew who this was, he couldn't help feeling like something was amiss. So far he hadn't filed a complaint because he had yet to even speak to the man. For the past few nights he even stayed up late, hoping to catch him coming in so they could have a chat and figure out how they got duped into sharing a room, but somehow Aaron always managed to fall asleep right before he returned. 

The strangest thing about it was how he was never woken up by the screech of the door hinge. It needed a can of WD-40 bad and creaked so loud it could wake his other housemates. Surely that would have alerted him to this stranger's return? But it never did. 

His plans to file a complaint went out the window the longer he stared at the sleeping eye candy. He very much liked the idea of having a hot roommate. Even if his roommate wasn't gay, looking at him would be nice. Plus their landlord was out of town, so he couldn't contact him until he returned anyways. 

Rolling over, he decided that he'd be more persistent in starting a conversation in the future. They were sharing a room now, so the least they could do was get to know each other. 

Aaron closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep while he devised a way to start a conversation with the man. By morning, his opportunity was gone, along with sleeping beauty, and once more the loose door hinge hadn't awoken him.

Slightly weirded out, he got dressed and brushed his teeth.

Compared to his mysterious roommate, Aaron looked pretty plain. He was short at 5'3" with brownish blond hair that he had styled into a curly fade cut. His figure was pretty slender too, which caused him to get mistaken for a girl quite often. This didn't bother him too much though because his girly appearance made for a killer Sailor Jupiter cosplay, so it worked out.