Chapter 12 - These Answers Raise More Questions

Aaron found his computer on the downstairs bar, right where he had left it. After mulling over his call with Calvin, he decided to focus on other things.

To think that this whole time he had been watching Elijah's last days on that channel. Perhaps, after last night, he saved the man's life? With how terrified the guy was of Aaron's shadowy figure, he wouldn't be surprised if Elijah decided against coming back ever again. 

No, that's not possible, otherwise, Caleb wouldn't have heard about the incident a year later... 

Rounding a corner, he stubbed his toe and cursed under his breath, wishing life could go back to the way it was before he knew ghosts were real.

 Why him? Why Elijah? Everyone else in the house thought he was crazy for talking about ghosts and wanting to record everything, and now the only person on his side was gone.

His head shot up as he realized something very important, and that was the fact that Elijah and Caleb might not be the only ghosts in the house.

Was it possible that some of the others were also dead and didn't know it? What if they all were ghosts? How could he figure that out?

But then Calvin mentioned him having housemates, and the guy didn't live here to be affected by whatever was going on. That didn't mean Calvin wasn't still suspicious. He was the one who rented the rooms out in the first place, so obviously he should remember who his buyers were, yet he claimed to have never heard of Caleb. So either Caleb was remembering wrong, or Calvin was lying. 

Did the guy have something to do with Caleb's disappearance?

It was kind of weird going through his day with his new theories. Every time he spotted one of the others, he went quiet and averted his eyes. If they thought he was annoying for talking about ghosts before, he could only imagine how they'd react if he accused them of being the ghosts.

Just then, he noticed Justin standing in the downstairs bathroom with the door open as he leaned towards the mirror to examine what looked like a huge bruise under his eye.

Could ghosts get hurt? Was that one way to tell the dead from the living?

Overall, Aaron's sympathetic nature got the better of him and he found himself knocking on the wall to draw the guy's attention.

Justin flinched, but straightened up and put on a soft, but fake, smile. "Hey."

"Hey." Aaron greeted him, then pointed towards the bruise. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just...Knocked something off the shelf earlier." His voice was so quiet that Aaron almost didn't hear him, but he didn't push for further explanations since it was clear that Justin was uncomfortable with the topic, and honestly, Aaron didn't know enough about the guy to try and comfort him.

"Okay. Take it easy."

Justin nodded. "How's your head?"

He had nearly forgotten about his near concussive episode and smiled. "I've been waking up every morning, so that's a good sign."

He managed to earn a slightly more genuine grin from the man, then left him to take care of the swelling. Justin knew more about how to treat injuries than Aaron did, so he figured it was probably best not to interfere.

Terrance's form then loomed over him, catching Aaron off guard as he stood intimidatingly in with his arms crossed. "I want to talk with you."

Well shit...

He followed the bearded redhead out towards the backyard, which was a square of uneven ground surrounded by a dilapidated privacy fence. Terrance put his hands in his jean pockets and stared off.