Chapter 30 - Conclusions

Aaron turned, looking for any sign of Caleb in the room before plopping back down onto the covers with his hands over his face.

Caleb was going to be terrified of him after this...

With a heavy sigh, the content creator sat up, noting that it was still dark out, and thew on his pajamas before shuffling towards the upstairs shower so he could clean himself off. As he moved, pain shot up his backside, reminding him to be careful after his recent activities.

The pipes groaned as he turned on the water and waited for it to heat up. Then he carefully stepped inside and faced the showerhead with his eyes closed, trying not to panic.

It was always one thing after another. First, his roommate was dead, then his housemates were dead, and now, he was dead...And sore.

Hold up. If he was a ghost, then why did he feel sore? Did ghosts still feel pain?

Ugh. He was too exhausted to think over that piece of the puzzle and returned to lamenting his now cautious relationship with Caleb. He could only imagine how the blond would react the next time they saw each other, and he wasn't looking forward to explaining himself.

Once he was properly washed off, he returned to his bed, not worrying about the sheets since the deed had technically been done on a different bed in the past. Then he closed his burning eyes and fell into a restless slumber.

He was grateful that he didn't have any more nightmares when he woke up. The sunlight poured in from the window, disturbing him from his comfort as he rolled over and tried to block it out. If he was a ghost, they might as well call him Casper the 'sick of this shit' ghost, because he was ready to take a break from detective mode.

After a little while longer, he found he was unable to drift back into unconsciousness. So, he stretched and put on some clothes, finally noting that everything seemed to be in the right place. He was back in his timeline, and everything still felt real.

He'd half expected something odd to happen after realizing he might be dead, but so far it was the same old house.

Aaron made his way downstairs, planning to grab his usual pop-tart breakfast when he noticed the stairs were odd.

The sun was shining in through the windows of the upper floor, but downstairs, it still looked dark.

Unease settled in his gut as he realized he was in for his first supernatural moment of the day, and he straightened his back before continuing downwards.

He'd planned on checking the Wicca ship and looking up his 'friend' Eric today, but guess that would have to wait.

Reaching the bottom step, he noticed the furniture was missing. Instead, right in the middle of the floor and laying face up, was Todd.

"Todd?" Aaron approached, confused about why the man was laying like that. Then Todd's upper half was lifted by an invisible force, and it began dragging the body to the back of the house.

It was only at this point that Aaron realized Todd's eyes were still wide open, but his body was motionless.

He was dead.

Fuck!

"NOOOO!" Aaron found himself screaming, blinded by fury as he realized that yet again, he'd mistaken the dead for the living and his last two housemates were also ghosts. He wouldn't even wait for any sign that Terrance was also dead, because he refused to believe anyone he'd met was alive anymore.

Rushing forward to swing at the invisible figure, or at least where he thought it was, he was shocked to find himself shoved backward and slamming up against the banister. Gasping, he shot upright in bed.