Chapter 14 - First Base

~Warning! Spicy Chapter!~

---

Needless to say, Aaron stopped the stream after that and returned home. He'd been having a lot of bad luck lately but didn't expect a near-death experience!

    Todd, Doug, and Terrance were chatting up a storm when he returned. They were all playing video games on Trevor's console. He never had much interest in fighting games, so he tried sneaking passed before Doug caught him.

    "You want a turn?" The bulky man asked.

    Aaron shrugged. "Not my thing."

    "Awe come on. It's bonding time!" Terrance joked.

    He noticed they were all in a rather good mood compared to before. He pondered on why that was before finding his own explanation. The banging hadn't happened last night. Plus, the whole atmosphere in the house felt lighter somehow. He couldn't quite explain it, but it seemed like there was less pressure in the air now that Elijah's ghost was gone.

    "Yeah." Todd chirped. "We just need Justin and Trevor to join."

    "Trevor ain't gonna join us for shit." Doug pointed out. "The guy's too scared of the boogeyman, remember?"

    "Hey, about Justin..." Aaron started. If Justin was a ghost, that meant he had been murdered, but if he was alive, he could still be in danger. Neither situation was worth ignoring. "Have you noticed anything off about him?"

    "Yeah." Terrance kept his eyes on the TV. "He's been spacing out a lot lately."

    "Did you see his eye?"

    "You mean that shiner? He said he tried grabbing something from the shelf and it hit him in the face."   

    "I...Don't think that's what it was..." Aaron cleared his throat, and Todd took the hint to stop the game.

    "What do you mean?"

    Aaron shifted his feet, having put himself on the spot. "I mean, he seems...Well, you guys know him better than I do so I'm worried that he's having problems with his ex. Or her boyfriend."

    The three glanced at each other in concern. "Again?" Terrance asked.

    "But that was a while ago, wasn't it?" Todd replied.

    "Was it really that long?"

    "I don't know, maybe...Wait...When did that fight happen?"

    Terrance shrugged.

    "You remember though, right? That huge screaming match in the kitchen."

    "Yeah, I remember. I think...Wait...Do I? Or wasn't that just something Justin told us about?"

    "No, I definitely remember it." Todd's face pinched together as he tried to recall. "Don't I...?"

    Aaron wanted to make a quip about dementia but knew there might be more to their behavior than he thought.

Thus far, he'd learned that ghosts could do crazy things. So if any of these guys were alive, then perhaps Justin's ghost had been rerunning moments from his life, and their minds treated the visions as some everyday normal occurrence.

    "Look guys, it's late so I'm gonna have to get to bed." Aaron excused himself.

    "What for?" Terrance asked. "It's not like you ever have to get up early."