Chapter 6 - Proof

A quick trip to the local store wasn't going to cut it for the stuff that Aaron had in mind. All of the nearby shops had a limited selection since theft was a big problem and therefore rarely carried high-quality equipment.

Luckily he could work around that. He didn't mind ordering stuff online, though Elijah complained about the delay. He wanted to set up ASAP now that he knew Aaron was paying for it. Since he had a membership, they only had to wait twenty-four hours.

Before their packages arrived, Todd walked in while they were discussing where to put the cameras, then scolded them on privacy, stating that the others wouldn't like being recorded. Cliff, for one, was camera shy and refused to agree to have anything set up in the living room. The same went for Trevor and Justin.

Unfortunately, this limited their hunting grounds to Aaron's room and hallway, so they spent the rest of the day figuring out how to work around it. Once their order arrived, they unboxed everything excitedly. 

"It's perfect!" Elijah perked from the kitchen while Aaron sat at the bar. "Your room is just as haunted as the front door anyways. Plus we can use footage from Todd's security camera for the other stuff."

"We could also use our phones to record in the living room." Aaron suggested. "He can complain about setting up cameras all he wants, but he can't take away our phones."

Elijah pointed, tapping his head. "Aight, I get you. Big brain time! Let's do this!"

"What are you guys so excited about?" Todd interrupted as he descended the stairs. "You're not going to hide cameras are you? We already talked about this."

"What cameras?" Terrance followed behind.

"They think the house is haunted."

"So they're filming it?"

"It's pranksters, I'm telling you." Todd argued. "And I already told them not to set stuff up."

"We're not setting up cameras down here." Elijah retorted. "We're setting the stuff up in Aaron's room."

"Why there?" Terrance wondered. "Wouldn't the front door be better? That's where the knocking happens."

"Because of Cal-OOF!" The leather-clad man doubled over after an exasperated Aaron flew into the kitchen and slammed into his side, shutting him up. He then smiled awkwardly at the other two.

"Because it's the only place you can't tell me not to film." Aaron quickly explained.

Todd looked intrigued by his sudden reaction and looked like he wanted to ask about it, but Terrance spoke first. "I remember doing that to you when we were little."

To that, the house leader turned with a sour look. "Me too. You always knocked me over and I always got your ass in trouble for it."

"Good times."

"I still have a scar from when you slammed me into a trash can."

"Still. Good times."

"Wait, are you two related?" Aaron couldn't help noticing how familiar the two were with one another. The two men glanced at each other, with Terrance putting an arm over Todd's shoulder.

"Yep, this here is my brother from another mother."

"Shut the fuck up." Todd shoved him off. "We're friends from middle school."

"Oooh. Okay." He heard that Todd and Terrance were the first tenants, so it made sense that they were long-time friends. Todd had probably not wanted to move in alone back then and had talked his friend into splitting rent with him.