Chapter 16 - The Cafe'

Aaron's mind was racing to find an explanation, but he failed to come up with one.

He had somehow arrived in Justin's time.

He wasn't entirely sure if this was a good thing. Aaron had started to think he was wrong for assuming Justin was a ghost, but now he knew for certain that he was right.

The house itself seemed more run-down than in the present. The ugly yellowed wallpaper was even peeling in some spots. The center of the floor had a large circular carpet, but he could tell it was being used to hide several wood stains beneath.

Justin stumbled sideways, and Aaron tried to run back and help him, but instead, fazed right through the guy. Justin managed to catch himself, then blinked hard to make sure he wasn't imagining things.

To him, Aaron was now a creepy floating blob of darkness. The content creator backed off, trying to seem as harmless as possible. When Justin still didn't move, he decided to take the safest route and wandered upstairs so he wouldn't feel boxed in or threatened.

The bedroom was a mess. There was a single small twin bed in the center of the room with a leaning dresser against the far wall. The window was cracked open, despite how cold it already was.

The ceiling above had spots in it where water had leaked through, explaining why the bed wasn't against any of the walls. It had been positioned right where none of the leaks would hit him.

He laid down and stared up, counting the minutes and waiting to return to his time. He wasn't sure if he had helped Justin at all and started to grow worried when he realized the armed man may come back.

Growing paranoid, he hopped out of the uncomfortable twin bed and went back downstairs.

Unfortunately, the man was nowhere to be seen.

He checked the bathroom in case Justin was treating his injuries, and noticed there were some bloodstained paper towels in a nearby trash bin. 

For the most part, it looked like Justin hit the road as soon as Aaron's shadow was gone, leaving him alone in the house. Standing in front of the door, Aaron started to wonder if that inky abyss was still out there? Or if it had gone away with the knocking?

Only one way to find out, he decided and inched closer until he could touch the knob.

There was a sudden jolt of electricity in the air, and he leaped back as something large slammed against the door from the outside. 

His heart felt like it was about to burst from his chest as he backed away in fear of whatever he had just angered, and he turned to the stairwell where he stumbled up towards his room.

He re-entered just in time to shift back to the present, where the noise was still happening.

"What the fuck?!" He heard Todd yell from the hall as he went to investigate.

Just to make an appearance, Aaron popped his head out of his room and watched the thin man trip downstairs, then stop in his tracks and stare at the door.

"Shit!!" He cursed right as the sound stopped.

Doug, Terrance, Trevor, and even Cliff came out to see what was wrong.

Aaron stayed in the back to make sure he was somewhat out of sight and therefore less likely to be blamed for whatever new attack he had summoned. Once he got a good view of the door, he saw Todd pacing in front of it, his hands in his hair, as a large crack split down the middle of the wood.

"How the hell did that happen?" Terrance asked.

"I don't fucking know!" Todd snatched up the remote and checked the security footage.