S2 E3

10 years ago...

Several Humvees were driving in the middle of Afghanistan escorting several engineers. Until an IED blew the side of the mountain road, the majority of the guys thought it was just unexploded ordinance and paid no mind, that is until the first gunner got shot in the neck and fell down into the vehicle screaming.

At this point they floored it as several machine guns started to fire peppering each of the vehicles with lead.

"FUCKING FLOOR IT CORPORAL!"

"YES SARGE!"

"Cover the Engineers! Do not let them hit the truck!"

"You got it!"

Amidst this a young private screams as he takes over the M2 browning on the first vehicle and as he tried to man it the damn thing jams on him making him pull the bolt back over and over again.

Private: "WHO THE FUCK LOADED THIS IMPROPERLY!?"

Staff Sergeant: "NEVER MIND THAT! LIGHT THOSE DAMN GOATFUCKERS UP!"

The Private finally unjammed the browning by opening the chamber and pulling out all the loose belt links. He pulled the bolt back and started firing until it ran out of ammo, he then got hit in the head and fell down.

Corporal: "JANG!"

Staff Sergeant: "FUCK! HQ BE ADVISED WE HAVE 12 WOUNDED!"

HQ: "Roger that, medevac is being sent at these coordinates..."

Staff Sergeant: "WE NEED AN APACHE!"

HQ: "Apache's are occupied with another QRF, good luck, over."

Staff Sergeant: "Fuck!"

Captain [R]: "Anyone dead?"

Staff Sergeant: "Jang got hit in the head, Mark is just dinged up."

John: "I Ain't dead yet sarge."

Staff Sergeant: "What the-?"

John: "Just a graze, I'll cover you! Just get us out of here!"

The Sergeant didn't notice it at first, but the bullet did indeed bounce off of the helmet.

Later... That day...

Several caskets were flown out. Each having an American flag draped over them...

John sat down by himself in the D-Fac, sitting with other members of his company, but he looked straight forward... Noticing an empty seat. The previous gunner didn't make it... Yet somehow... The bullet that grazed his helmet knocked something out of John... His mind... Changed, no one notices it yet, but in time they shall see, the wild card come out.

A/n: About time I went back to this story, huh? Sorry for the short and late update, focusing on other stories and school. BUUUUT! I'm gonna try to work on this some more. Stay cool people.