Escalation

A buildup to the Season Finale

"Nice to meet you Mr. Jang."

"Sir."

"I hope you are recovering nicely from your wounds?"

"Sir, I am recovering well."

"Please, just call me Harry."

"-Potter"

The two started laughing at the small smartass joke John made. The one thing everyone could rely 'Joker' (Yes, pun fully intended, deal with it.) on was that he would have good humor no matter the situation. Some have been questioning his sanity, but several psych evals proved otherwise, it's like a switch, all he has is sociopathy. That alone, makes him kill without conscience, therefore making him a far better soldier. So he seems to perform way better as he has little regard for injury, and he can kill more efficiently, people often shunned this... Harry knew this, but was accepting of the operator talking to him.

Harry:"So... You're very impressive, you were once a solo operator... Got disavowed, and reinstated..."

John:"I aim to please Harry."

Harry:"Glad to have you back on our side."

John:"I never said I was on the bad guys side."

Harry:"Well, lets hope you don't fall."

John:"My loyalty is undying, no worries here sir- Harry."

Harry:"Alright, I think that'll be all today, nice to meet you again Mr. Jang."

John saluted turned around and left. Grace was waiting for him right there, she was on his phone.

Grace:"So... You only have 2 contacts... Me and... Chul... You don't talk to the others that much do you?"

John:"Uhh...."

Grace:"That's okay. Here I... Got something for you."

She handed him a patch, it bore the number '707' representing the 707th SMB.

John:"But I... I don't belong to any group here... I'm a... Ghost... Really."

Grace:"Well... Chul and I agreed that you sort of belong in the SMB... So you're like an honorary SMB member..."

John:"I appreciate the gesture but..."

Grace:"No buts! Take it!"

John:"Okay Okay! Alright."

He says rolling his eyes. She held onto his arm as they both walked down the hallways, and he kept on talking about his love for books. She listened intently as he did to her. She kept worrying about him, he was a bit of a wildcard, usually going off on his own. He worried about her, she goes on missions as well. However, not to the caliber John goes through.

John:"... You know... I hear there's a nice bar we can go to, I can ask Harry... Uh... I mean if that is you want to go. Unless you don't have time...  I mean... Uh..."

He started blabbering like a dummy, he really is socially awkward, he kept blabbering on until Grace went on her tippy toes and kissed him on the lips. 

Grace:"It's a date then."

She booped him on the nose making him lean back while smiling. Meanwhile... Chul was hiding around a corner listening. He grinned to hear that 2 of his colleagues are going on a date. 

Chul:"I knew you had it in you."

(Chul the Bro)

Timeskip brought to you by Grace laughing at John holding off cat trying to swipe at his face.