Chapter 20 (Harmony's POV)

Dad and I were just sat watching a favourite TV series of ours; he was in his favourite arm chair and I had the whole couch. He had taken the day to relax, instead of making plans to defeat the Batman or serenade Vicki Vale. I wore leggings over a dress top and with my leather jacket and signature purple/ green converse.

The show had gone on a break, so dad decided we needed a refill on snacks. He went to the kitchen just as the daily news came on. It was about 5 minutes in, when a picture of Clark came on the screen in the top right hand corner. The news mentioned how the boy was tortured, and then murdered. The news reported mentioned that one of the murder weapons used was Joker Toxin, making it obvious who the murderer was - my dad. 

Dad walked back in the room with a tray of snacks (such as crisps and chocolate), but I waited until he placed the tray down to confront him. I was sat up by now, my arms folded, frown on my face and furrowed eyebrows. I looked furious and dad could tell, as he said, "Hey, har, what's changed since I went to the kitchen; why so serious?" 

"The fact that I just found out through the news that you murdered that Clark boy, and it was the news I found out from, NOT you! Dad, that was taking it too far, and I told you I could handle it now. He is after all a BOY."  I continued to rant on, my mood changing from just angry to a very furious mood.

"Now, darling, I also did to teach other's not to mess with my little girl." Dad tried to reassure me, but I was too into my mood to listen to him. 

"Well, maybe it would have been best if I wasn't your little girl at all." I shouted as I stormed out of the apartment, slamming the apartment door behind me. I admit it, I felt childish and stupid after I said that about my dad because he was only looking out for me.

I texted Dick to come meet me, and he suggested taking me to the circus he and his family work at, Hayley's Circus. He managed to get backstage passes for me, and I was excited because he had mentioned his mum, dad and older brother would be able to meet me. It would be the first time meeting them since Dick and I had met. He met me around 2 blocks away from my apartment block. 

On the way to the circus arena, I curiously asked Dick, "So, why haven't you talked much about ya family?" 

"Well, I've basically told you everything there is to know: we're a family of acrobats known as the Flying Graysons. My mum and dad are called Mary and John Grayson. My older brother, Mitchell, is a flirt with girls and he teases me a lot. We stick with the circus like a family would do, and look out for one another as we would in a circus family. " Dick replied, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Maybe I'll learn more about them when I meet them," l smiled as Dick gently took hold of my hand. 

"Maybe," Dick smiled back; it wasn't a long walk to the circus arena, so we were there at least an hour early. Dick took me to the circus ring, where his parents and brother were practicing. They looked so majestic and made what they were doing look so easy. Now, I do know a bit of gymnastics, but I'm not very good, so I'm thinking of improving my skills, "Hey, mum, dad, Mitch; why don't you come down out the sky for once and come meet my girlfriend, Harmony?"

"Oh, you mean the one you go on about all the time?" Mitchell (Dick's older brother) flipped down onto the net before replying; his comment looked like it made Dick blush slightly. I couldn't tell because he started walking toward his mum and dad.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs Grayson." I politely shook his parents' hands, and gave them a polite smile; I really wanted to make a good first impression to them. After all you only get one first impression.    

"Please, sweetheart call me Mary." Dick's mum was the first to reply. and then his dad basically said the same thing, except minus the sweetheart part and instead of Mary, he said John; Mary went on to ask us with a sweet smile, "Aw, Richard, she's lovely; how did you two meet?" 

Dick and I shared our experience of when we met, as we had done with my dad, taking it in turns to say what happened. All the while, Dick's parents smiled at how adorable we looked together and how in sync we were. Mitchell, Dick's older brother, was too busy working out and preparing for the show that evening to notice. I was just glad Dick's parents liked me for me and not look at me in disgust because of who my father was.

Mitchell soon joined us, and stood next to his brother. Dick's brother did tease him a lot, saying things like, "How can a dork such as my brother, Rich, get a girl as beautiful and amazing as you?"

The circus had a few animals, so I spent most of the time by them, especially by the horses; Dick gave me a couple lessons on them, and he also helped improve my gymnastic skills. I looked at how Dick and his family were happy together, and thought they probably had their arguments like me and my dad have. It made me regret what I said before I left.

I hope he hadn't taken it to heart and did something stupid. I sent him a text telling what I had just thought and what made me think about it, before I was escorted by Dick himself to my ringside seat. He quickly ran off to get ready (he had been practicing in his sweatpants and a t-shirt). The show was public and not private, so the arena quickly filled up with an audience.    

I watched in awe at the acts that performed and more so at Dick as he and his family performed. He was just as good as his parents and brother. During their performance, Mitchell's wire unfortunately broke while he was performing a solo part with no net. Quickly thinking, Dick swooped down and caught his brother; the audience clapped in amazement. 

Once the show finished, I rushed backstage; I could see and hear Dick and Mitchell talking. Mitchell smirked as he ruffled his little brother's hair, and then he hinted at me, as I joined them, "Well done, hero; swooped in like a robin there. Though, part of me thinks it was just to impress the girl." Dick elbowed his brother.  

I tease Dick about his acrobat outfit, "You look quite good in spandex, bird boy."

I also tease that his crotch area was quite obviously large; I didn't say this around his parents, obviously. They tended to Mitchell to check if he was alright, which he repeatedly told them he was. We both blushed slightly, though.