Chapter 17 (Harmony's POV)

The other week was really weird, Paige came up to me to tell me she felt really guilty. She told me that she was forced by Clark to bully, otherwise he would seriously hurt her. She hated it. She asked me if, although it was a risk for both, she and I could make amends and be friends, putting the past behind us. 

I admit it, I really wanted to be friends with someone popular for a change and she did seem nice on the inside. But, she and her boyfriend have made my life a living hell, so far. I told her it would be really hard for me to trust her, but I thought that over time it could be worthwhile. So I was willing to give the friendship a shot. 

Throughout the next week or so, she proved she was a good friend, but she still kept the friendship a secret - from Clark the most -; I could tell by the way she acted around him that she was afraid of him, that she was scared. I could also tell that she really hated keeping things from people, including him. She did, however, tell her best friend - Phoebe -. I used to think that Phoebe was a lot nicer than Paige, but they've both just as nice.

I took a guess that Phoebe told someone else, and then they told someone else, and so on, because Clark soon found out about Paige and I being friends. The way I found out wasn't exactly the best since Paige came into school with a large bruise on her cheek, small bruises and cuts dotted around her face. She only told me that it was Clark as she had previously told me he had hurt her before. If asked by anyone else, she would make up an excuse to cover up the actual reason behind it all.

It was around midday when Clark approached me; he didn't look too happy either. It was half day at school so we got to go home early, but I had stayed behind to do some work I needed to catch up on. Obviously he had stayed behind to confront me over something.

"Hey, I didn't say you could be friends with my girlfriend; I say who she becomes friends with and I don't want her being friends with you." He basically yelled at me, still approaching; I was a little shocked at the time because I was somewhere not many people go, since it was a place I could concentrate.

"Well, I think Paige can be friends with anyone she wants, and why don't you want her being friends with me?" I asked as I closed my notebook.

"That isn't any of your business, Napier; she's my property and I control what she does." He continued with yelling at me, not once lowering his voice.

 "I think it is my business if it's to do with me, and she isn't anyone's property, so you don't control anyone." I frown, as he stepped closer; he had his fists balled up.

"Carry on and you'll get the slap you deserve." Clark threatened, raising his hand like he was going to hit me. 

"And you don't deserve one, or do you deserve worse?" I gave a small smirk, thinking of my opinion to my own question.

"I'm warning you, I will hit you. What are you smirking for?"

"Oh nothing, just the fact that you seem scared, or is that because of you know who my dad is?"

"I'm not scared of your dad; he's just another psycho that belongs in Arkham." He said this just before he slapped me, hard, across my face; this was also when Dick came by since he was coming to pick me up (I had text him not long before Clark showed up). He had witnessed the slap part, but even so he ran up to Clark and punched him. I thought I heard Clark's jaw crack as Dick's fist collided with Clark's face. They both ended up in a fight, Dick coming out on top. He was the bigger man, when he realised he was winning, and ended the fight before anything serious.

"Don't ever touch her again." Dick warned as Clark hobbled away (Dick had some how fractured Clark's ankle).  

"Oh, I won't be; I'll be back for you, freak." He shouted when he was a distance away from Dick; I knew exactly who that 'freak' part was aimed at. They hadn't noticed, but while they were fighting I had spotted a couple of my dad's men over by the fence of the school, and as soon as the fight broke out, they obviously went to tell my dad what had happened.