Chapter 34 (Harmony's/ Jess' POV) .

(Author's Note: Jess is in Italic)

I could feel my mind snapping as I watched him falling. I felt myself going insane as I watched my dad fall off that building because of him. Because of Batman. I was standing in a crowd of Gotham citizens as I helplessly watched him falling to the hard concrete floor. I couldn't do anything at the moment in time, and I hated every second of the wait until he did collide with the ground; I couldn't do anything because of that bastard everyone looked up to had weighed my dad down with that gargoyle. 

"No!" I cried as his body collided with the ground; there was probably a lot of internal bleeding too that killed him, not just the fall. I couldn't stop myself. I ran to his side and fell to my knees. I gently pressed my head against his chest, clutching his shirt. 

The cops had already taken the broken laughy sack, which was my dad's favourite joke. They then tried to pull me away from him, but I wasn't having any of it. I screamed at them that he was my dad and that they couldn't take me away from him. They left me be; they left me to mourn over my dad. I didn't even notice, that at the time, everyone in that crowd was staring at me. I didn't care though, he was my dad. I was allowed to mourn. 

I leaned a bit harder over his chest, just then realizing there was something hard in the inside pocket of his blazer. I looked inside and found a locket. I opened it to see a picture of a small, young family. It was a picture of me as a baby with my mum and dad when they were younger. I just now realized I wasn't crying. 

I whispered to myself, "I'm gonna kill that son of a bitch." 

I wanted revenge for my dad. I would get from all those who caused my dad's death. Starting with all the small people first, and working my way to the Bat. I remember the date clearly, it was my 18th birthday, well just turned my birthday. It was 11/08/1989. 

I now admit, I have always hated that Batstard (ha, ha, ha get it?). I knew deep down that he was the cause of my dad's accident, and I just failed to realize my dad was right all along. I decided to get revenge for my dad, which Jess would need to take over more.

Which I did, sweetie.  

Yeah, well, I thought it would make things a lot easier for us both since she did always try to take over. 

Because I'm stronger, darling. 

It was like a constant battle in my mind for who would get to use my body the most. I couldn't take it anymore, so whenever she wanted to come out, I let her. It was mainly when I was depressed, angry or sad that she would come out. 

Because that was when you were at your weakest. 

I honestly lost touch with a lot of people from my past, including Dick and Paige, because I feared that Jess would hurt them. 

I would never do that. 

Ha, sure. Anyway, I - as myself - became more anti-social for a good cause. To protect those I loved. I didn't want to say goodbye to them because they were my only friends. But, I had to. Jess became my alias and I soon became a very powerful villianess in Gotham. 

Thanks to me. A lot of people are scared of us, darling, and I do give you part of the credit. It was great. Even your dad's men though you were crazier than your dad, himself. It was amazing. 

Yeah, well being scared of and being a powerful villianess had it's down falls. Like Roxy. 

Ah, yes, Roxanne. She became our best friend and accepted us. You have to remember that. 

Yeah, but she became our friend through a terrible accident that was caused by us. 

It was non- intentional. 

Well, let me explain, who she was and we'll let the people decide. Roxanne - or Roxy as I.. I mean we call her - was the accidental daughter of Poison Ivy and The Riddler. At the time of the accident, we didn't know she had what her dad had: schizophrenia. Here's what happened. Jess had planned to rob one of the garden centres in Gotham for a rare plant. The garden centre happened to be Poison Ivy's place and Roxy had heard the commotion. She came out to investigate. I can't remember what exactly happened, but it led to her schizophrenia going worse. 

I wanted to help get her better. I needed to help her. But, we failed to find a cure, though we became best friends. I remembered my mum was best friends with Ivy - Roxy's mum - and we reminded each other of them. We were like our mum's. We were very good friends.

(Author's note: Roxy belongs to: @ZarinEdenlight )