Chapter 28 (Harmony's POV)

My prom was in about a week, and daddy insisted that he get me my dress. I went out shopping with him to all kinds of dress shops that morning. He had heard I got a date; though he knew it would be Dick, he was still proud of me. He constantly told me how proud he was, which got slightly annoying after a short while. 

One dress inparticular that stood out was a long length, that reached the floor. It was a floaty kind of fabric and sort of resembled silk (that's if it wasn't). The colour of it was forest green with little purple diamonds around the hem, because green and purple was my favourite colours. It had a V neck that showed a little part of the top of my breasts. 

I came out of the changing room wearing the dress and holding my hair up as if it was tied up. I also held the dress up a little so I wouldn't trip on it. Not to brag, but when I did come out of the changing room everyone stopped and stared; though it was terrifying at the time. Wearing the dress made me feel pretty for once, and I loved the feeling. 

I strutted up to dad; I hadn't any shoes on at the time, so because it was a dress shop, I tried my best to be careful of any loose pins and needles, "So, dad, what do you think?"

"Beautiful, and not just the dress." He smiled, "You look so much like your mother."  

"Really, that's awesome!" I cheered; I had seen pictures of her and had wanted to look like her so much because of how beautiful she was; I frowned, "Hey, dad, do you think she thinks about us where she is?" 

"Of course she does. Why wouldn't she think about her family?" 

"I don't know," I looked to my bare feet, still frowning.

"Honey, look, your mum may not be with us, but she sure as hell loves us with all her heart and wouldn't want anything to happen to us. She definitely misses us." He lifted my chin, so I looked directly into his eyes; I smiled as he cocked his eyebrow and his smirk. 

After changing back in to my normal clothes, bagging and paying for the dress, dad took me to get some accessories to go with it. I got a gold necklace that had a single diamond attached. I also got a pair of golden diamond shaped earrings, since my ears were pierced, and gold charm bracelet. I wore a pair of gold heels, that matched the accessories I had bought (well more like my dad had bought for me). I, of course, wore the locket I had been given at young age that 'daughter' engraved on. 

Daddy had to go out for the afternoon, so I decided to meet up with Dick to get his tuxedo. I needed to make sure it matched slightly with my dress, that's the only reason he agreed; otherwise, he wouldn't have agreed to meeting up while he got his tux. We tried at least three different shops before we found the perfect suit.

"Well, what do ya think?" Dick asked as he spread his arms open to show off the suit; it was a purple tail suit and pants. It came with an green bow tie and yellow-ish shirt. It kind of reminded me of one of my dad's suits, actually. Attached to the pants was a chain as well. 

"Love it," I laughed as he pretended he was in a fashion show, prancing up and down a catwalk, "Looking good, bird boy." 

He eventually got out of the suit and into his casual clothes. We paid for the suit and went on our way. We also got a pair of black dress shoes to go with it. Dick suggested that we go to the beach for a bit because of the warm weather. We decided to chill out on the sand, once we'd purchased towels from the nearby gift shops. We had a blast, even though all we did was talk. I felt that when we talked, about anything, it brought us closer together. It probably did too.

(Author's Note: Look at Joker's Arkham Asylum/ City outfit to get an idea of Dick's prom outfit)