Chapter 8 (Harmony's POV)

It was about 5 minutes after I got in from a long day at school, and quite a horrible day too, that Dick messaged me; he wanted to meet up and talk. We had been friends for almost 2 weeks now, and every time I went to meet up with him it was either straight after school or dad wasn’t around when I went to meet up. We also talked over the internet. Dick wanted to meet at the GothamCityPark – it was only a small garden type of park, one you walk through -. I wore my two tone black and white dress with my black converse.  

“Daddy, I’m just going to meet up with a friend I met in town the other day.” I called to dad from my bedroom as I was sorting my hair; I curled it slightly, so that the tips lay on my shoulders. 

“See, I told you that you would make friends sooner or later, and it’s better late than never.” Dad said as stood in the doorway of my bedroom (he knew when I was changing because I kept the door closed), “So, why are you getting dolled up?”

“I just want to make a good impression, daddy.” I smiled putting on my leather jacket, and then putting my phone into the pocket, “I’ll have my phone on me if you need to contact me.”   

Dad smiled at how grown up I looked, “Okay, have fun.” 

“Thank you, daddy,” I kissed his cheek, before going on my way. 

I met Dick at the Gotham Central park (around the Amusement Mile); when I arrived there, he was sat on a bench. He stood up, picking something up and hiding it, as soon as he saw me, he smiled.

"What you hiding there, Dick?" I tried to look behind his back to see. 

"What, no hello?" Richard smirked, and then handed me a beautiful bouquet of mixed flowers. 

"Dick," I gasped, hugging him; he blushed hard when I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, "They’re beautiful; thank you."  

Dick and I strolled around The Amusement Mile, talking as we did; we talked about anything we could think of, random things really. I thought it was rather interesting, but hey, that's a girl's opinion isn't it? We strolled around almost all of the Amusement Mile and back, our feet probably completely full of blisters. I asked if we could take a seat as soon as we arrived back at the park and we did. Along our journey, we did a few things as well - for example he showed me a few secret places, where he showed off some of his acrobatic skills -. He even told me about his parents and his nickname was Robin, when he worked at the circus.

Being a good dad, my own dad text me and asked how my day was going, so I replied with, 'the best day I’ve had in a loooong time, daddy!' 

That's good to hear as long as you’re happy, princess; won’t bother you if you’re enjoying yourself.’ Dad soon replied back 

Dick smiled as I showed him the texts my dad would send to me each day, either when he was out working late or if I was out, just to check I was okay. Dick continued to smile, “Aw, he seems like a great dad; very protective and caring, I must say. He may not sound it to the public, but that’s only because the press print those horrible stories, right?”

“Well, most of the stories, yes, but my dad is generally crazy.” I laughed, “He says so himself,” 

“But, I bet he’s proud to call you his daughter.” Dick smiled, “You’re just as caring.”

“Thanks, Dick,” I blushed; I now wondered if dad was proud or embarrassed – if he was proud wouldn’t he say something about having a daughter? Why didn’t my dad just tell people I was his daughter – most people already knew anyway, and he didn’t exactly care what others thought -; I was 17, so I was able to make her own decisions – whether that was walking to the shop or living with my dad -, no social workers or anyone could tell me where I had to stay.