Chapter 13 Pt 1 (Harmony's POV)

Dick had been invited to a party by some of his friends from his old school. Some of his friends where 'popular' kids from my own school too though. Lucky for him, he was able to take a guest, and guess who he decided to take? Me! I've never really been to a party before, so you could imagine how nervous I was. He told me that he didn't want to go if I wasn't there. I wanted to go, but I was actually really nervous. Though, at first I refused and didn't want to go because I felt I wouldn't fit in there, Dick eventually persuaded me to go, saying I would fit in; I also thought it would be fun to try something new for a change and find out what was the big deal about parties.

I had kept some of the dresses that Jonathan had made for me and thought to use one of them for this party. I couldn't decide which one to go for, so in the end I asked Dick to help me chose. In the end, I chose a gold/ silver sequin dress; it was two toned, so the top half was silver and the bottom being gold. Only the bottom half had sequins, while the top had none. I wore gold glitter nail polish, a mixture of gold and silver bracelets, and a heart charm bracelet. I obviously kept my locket on me and I carried a silver clutch purse (to carry my phone, money and anything else I might need).

Make up wise: a tiny bit of blush on my pale cheeks, black eyeliner and a bit of black eye-shadow. I wore a pair of skin coloured tights as I wasn't the most confident when it came to showing off my legs.

Dick told me that it would be a casual party, so I could wear what I felt comfortable in. He said he would be wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a black blazer and a white shirt with black converse. Fortunately, Dick was tall, so the heels I wore didn't make a difference to him.

I took most of the day to get ready for the party that night, so I looked my best. Dick kept texting me to say I would look beautiful no matter what I wore, not that I believed that. I walked out of my bedroom, tugging at the hem of my dress; I walked to my dad's study and asked, "Dad, do I look okay; it feels too short?"

Dad looked up from his work and smiled, "Honey, you look perfect; you will definitely shine the brightest tonight."

"Thanks daddy; I'm so nervous. I don't think I can do this." I was evidently nervous and he saw that; I really didn't know what to do at the parties poeple my age go to or throw, "I wouldn't know what to do."

"You'll be fine and I'm sure young Grayson would show you what to do." Dad got up from behind his desk and walked over to me; a piece of my hair had fallen in my face, so he moved it away, tucking it behind my ear. My hair was down with a bit of a style to it.

"Yeah, I will, won't I?" My face lit up; I hugged him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. There suddenly came a knock at the door. I went to answer it, dad following behind me. I found Dick on the other side, dressed rather smart. He held a bouquet of lilies - my favourite - in his hands and an awkward kind of expression on his face; I gasped at how beautiful they were, "Why, Mr Grayson, are you trying to butter me up?"

"Well, maybe; I thought it would be a way to say thank you for coming to the party tonight." Dick grinned after he kissed me on the lips; I let him in, and put the flowers in a vase. He walked passed my dad, "Good evening, Mr Napier."

"Evening, boy," Dad gave a quick hello smile; he leaned against the breakfast nook, arms folded. I could instantly tell he was silently judging Dick to see if he was boyfriend material for me. I kind of knew how he treated my mother, but he secretly hated himself for it, so he tried his best to find the best for me.

When the time came for us to leave for the party, my dad led Dick and I out of the apartment block. When we got to the entrance of the apartment block, I could see that there was a 1972 Norton Commando Roadster parked outside.

"Have a good night, you two. Don't get too drunk. I want you home safe." Dad said as we stopped in front of the bike.

"I won't be drinking as I'll be driving." Dick smiled

"So, where's your car?" Dad asked - though trying to hide it - frantically looking around to find a safe mode of transport for the two of us; he had his arms folded across his chest still.

"Well, since it is Harmony's first party, I thought we could arrive in style. Plus the car is my dad's and he's using it tonight, so I couldn't even if I wanted to." Dick replied as he handed me one of the two helmets that hung on the handlebars; he grabbed the other and put it on as I put my own on.

Before dad could say anything against, I was already on the back of the bike and I had to make a comment, "Oh my goodness, this is going to be so awesome!"

"Alright, as long as it's safe." Dad said as Dick climbed on in front in me.

"I always ride it; I even fix it myself so I know it's safe. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing too." Dick flashed his reassuring smile before starting up the bike.

"I'll hang on real tight, daddy; don't look so worried. I'll be fine." I pulled my dad in for a quick hug, and then wrapped my arms around Dick's waist. Dick and I set off for the party location, dad waving as we left.

When we arrived at the location of the party, there was a crowd of girls outside of the house. They all started staring at me and Dick as we parked up. It made me kind of feel anxious about myself because they began whispering, laughing and pointing in our direction; I just put it down to my paranoia playing tricks on me, so I could enjoy the night for once. Dick pulled up along side the house, just in case one of the teens at the party got a bit too drunk and drove away, with the risk of having his bike smashed to smithereens.

We got off the motorcycle, once Dick shut off the engine, and he took his helmet off as did I; he took mine and hung them both on the handlebars. Dick took hold of my hand and we walked into the house. A muscular built boy strides up to us, 'man hugged' Dick, and then shook hands. Dick then introduced me, while I stood behind Dick.

"So, this is the beautiful young lady you go on about at college?" The guy (who I later found to be called Clark) asked and Dick nodded proudly; a young girl dressed in a crop top and a very short skirt - with heels - strutted up to Clark, and stood next to him. She put one hand on his shoulder, while he wrapped an arm around her waist, "hey, aren't you The Joker's daughter?"

I recognised the girl to be Paige, a popular girl from my school; she acted like a tart, but I had to give her credit for being loyal to Clark - I only knew he was her boyfriend, I just didn't know who he was-. Though, not too much credit, because she bullied me. She constantly spread rumours about me (not just me, but others like me, those who are different). She actually hurt me sometimes as well, one time she tripped me up on the park, and I scraped all of my knees so bad I had to have stitches - my dad wasn't too impressed about that either -.

"Gosh, Napier, you clean up good; is this so you look innocent after you've killed us all?" Paige laughed; yeah, she may seem like she was joking, but she also passed rumours about me like this, and scared everyone away from me. See, this was what I'm talking about when people assume I'd hurt them, but I won't.

"Ignore her," Clark replied, "thanks for coming, and it's nice to finally meet you."

"It's nice to meet you too," I smiled shyly; Dick and Clark talked about random guy things, while I just shyly stood around. I wasn't used to just standing around and saying nothing, but then again I wasn't used to parties either. I felt awkward at the party, like I didn't belong. Lucky for me, though, Dick kept checking if I was alright and involved me in the conversation.

Later, Dick was asked to show the work he had done on his bike, by a couple of lads that had attended the party. Some girls did admire from the side, because they didn't know much and I think it was more the guys they were admiring than the bike. I was trying to admire myself - both by the way -, since Dick had taught me quite a bit about fixing them and motorcycles themselves, when Clark asked (more like dragged) me to go with him to one of the upstairs bedrooms, away from the crowds. In the room, Clark shut and locked the door; he gave me the excuse that it was so no one interrupted them. I thought it would be him giving me the "if you hurt my friend..." Speech, but boy was I wrong.