Chapter 30 (Harmony's POV)

When Dick came to pick me up, he came in the most beautiful of carriages, that was pulled by two gorgeous horses. He knew I would want to be different, and we both knew everyone would either turn up in limos or in white carriages, so he choose black for me. The corsage was a lovely touch too, and it went well with my dress; it certainly showed at the time that I was over the moon about how the prom was turning out so far. I loved how he had gone to great lengths to impress both my dad and myself.

"Mi lady," Dick held out his hand and opened the carriage door; I curtsied and stepped into the carriage, him following behind. We set off for the school, where the prom was to be held. We waved goodbye to my dad as we went off.

I was already so nervous about how I would fit in or act at the prom, but what made the feeling worse was the huge crowd of people at the front of the school. They mainly chatting, but some of the more rebellious students were smoking on the grounds. Dick got out of the carriage first, and then opened my carriage door for myself. He took hold of my hand and we walked into the hall where the prom was.

A couple of people were shocked to see that I had managed to bring a date to the prom, but because they had heard what my dad did to Clark they didn't dare say anything negative or horrible. All they did say was, 'Nice to see you, Harmony,' or, 'I love your dress,'.

Dick and I shared a couple of dances, some slow, some fast, and after a while he asked, "Hey, fancy a drink?"

"Sure," I replied as we walked over to an empty table; he stridded over to the buffet table to get some punch. The table I was at was both near the buffet table and near a small TV that was hung up in the corner of the room, but not too far. I could only see it was of the anniversary; I couldn't see much, so I didn't end up watching it.

I turned to see a girl with blonde hair and a short ruffle dress stride over to Dick, She turned slightly, so I could see part of her face; it was Katie. I think she was one of Paige's friends, but then Paige found out she was only hanging around with her for Clark. She started flirting with Dick and I could feel the anger rising within me, but then Dick did something amazing.

"Look, I don't care who you are. I already have a brilliant girlfriend, who is sitting right over there, so would you kindly leave me alone." Dick frowned, before he walked away; I smiled proudly, and he smiled when he saw me, "what are you smiling about?"

"Oh, just something that made my night even more special." I smirked; I kissed him on the lips when he sat down.

"Wow, thank you," he smirked back.

I'm afraid to say because everyone saw that my dad was giving out free money and most students had bailed on the prom, it ended rather early. Dick and I decided to see if we could go join my dad.