Chapter 9 (Harmony's/ Dick's POV)

I had spent the whole week trying to find out what Dick Grayson had planned for our date, only to no success. It had been around 2 weeks since he had asked me, and he had said that he wanted it to be amazing for me. Sweet, I know, but I don't like surprises. Even if they are good I get impatient if they are good, but anxious if I can sense they are bad. Most of my life has been full of bad surprises, you see, so I rarely look forward to them and try to find out what they are. Either that or I'm always disappointed.

A few days after Dick had asked me to go on the date, my dad had insisted that he get his designer and stylist involved. It was mainly because it was my first date and he wanted the best for me. His designer made a few outfits for the night, consisting of mainly dresses; dad even organised for a little runway to put up and have me model the outfits, so we could see which dress - or outfit - looked best and suited me more.

"So, what has Mr Grayson got planned for you?" Dad asked as I tried on the 100th dress that day - I am not exagerrating either -.

"I haven't slightest clue, but you didn't need to do all this. I only need one outfit, dad." I said as I slowly twirled for the designer and my dad to take a good look.

"Non sense, my dear. My daughter derserves the best, and she shall get the best." Dad dismissed another outfit, and I went behind the curtains to change into the next; he gave a snide comment about it as he did, "Is he getting dressing up?" He folded his arms across his chest.

"Yeah, but..." I began as I changed into another outfit.

"No 'but's, Har; you should get dressed up too. Afterall, it is your first ever date."

"Yeah, don't remind me," I said under my breath, which luckily he didn't hear.

Eventually, I told dad that I had already chosen a dress I liked hours ago. I chose an aqua coloured, knee high dress, that had a navy blue bow at the back. It was cute and it was just about right for me.

"If that's good enough for my little girl, it's good enough for me." Dad replied, as he had one of his men box it up for me; I also chose to wear a pair of black heels, my locket and some beaded bracelets. I took along a blue clutch purse I had found at the back of my closet.

The night of Dick's and my date, I walked out of my bedroom in the outfit I had chosen to show my dad; he smiled meaning he liked the look, "Beautiful,"

"Thanks daddy." I blushed, not used to compliments, hugging my dad; my hair was styled up in a ponytail, "Thank Jonathan for the lovely dress, and thank Adrian for styling my hair for me."

"I will," We stayed in our hug for a good few minutes in silence, until dad asked, "Are you ready?"

"To tell you the truth, no, not really; I'm really nervous." I asked, looking up at his face; he was only a few inches taller, but I still had to look up. He was quite tall, and was who I took after with my height, according to him and uncle Bobby.

"You'll be fine; you wanna know something?" He asked, holding me out at arm's length; I nodded for him to continue, "I was just as nervous as you are now when I took your mum out on a date."

"Really," I smiled, not exactly believing what he was saying; he nodded to indicate he wasn't lying, "That's not like you; you're meant to be Mr Confident, daddy."

"See, it even happens to the most confident of people." The two of us shared a laugh to help calm my nerves. Dick soon came to the door to pick me up for our date. He was wearing a black suit and tie, looking rather dapper, if I may say so.

Dick's POV

I had just about arrived at Harony's apartment to pick her up for our date. I was both nervous and excited - I guess you could call it nervouscited -. I was quite anxious about her dad, and what he would think of me taking her out on a date. He seemed okay with it, and Harmony said he was absolutely fine with it all. I was greeted by Harmony at the door, while her dad was sat on his chair.

"So, what have you planned for this evening, young Richard?" Harmony smirked, linking arms with me.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," I teased with a smirk.

"Aw, come on; tell me!" Harmony shook my arm in hope to persuade me to tell her, to no avail.

"Nope, it's a surprise." I smiled as she continued to shake my arm; I could see her dad smiling at how happy we looked with each other. He then looked to his watch and cleared his throat, making us both look toward him.

"I hate to interrupt the chemistry, but if you have something planned and a place to be, then shouldn't you get going?"

"Yeah, we should," I rolled back the sleeve of my black blazer to reveal my own watch; I looked at the time to double check.

"Love you daddy. Thanks for letting him take me on a date." Harmony gave her dad a huge hug; it had surprised him at first, but he smiled and hugged her back. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Love you too; you're welcome, princess. Have a great night and don't stay out too late."

We shared a quick laugh at my comment, before leaving the apartment, "Strange, that's what my mum said to me, well, apart from the princess part. That would be weird if she did."

Harmony and I went on our way as soon as she had double checked she had everything she needed for that evening. My car - more like my dad's - was parked outside the apartment block. I took Harmony for dinner at a restaurant that had recently opened. Though it had opened only days ago, it was quite popular, so it seemed like a good place to eat; Harmony and I sat in the back of the restaurant, where it wasn't as crowded and where we could talk - and also hear each other. We decided to get a quite big meal, having a starter, main and dessert course; I treated Harmony, as it was our first date together, and pay for both of our meals.

After we had finished our meals, we took a stroll along the Broad Walk, where there was a small funfair at the end. I helped Harmony to win a large plush teddy on one of the game stalls; we laughed the whole time we were trying to win it too because we both kept failing. We then went on the roller coaster that was situated right at the end of the broad walk. It was Harmony's first time on a roller coaster and she absolutely loved it. Finally, I thought a good way to end the date was to go on the ferries wheel since it is considered a romantic activity to do as a couple. I asked the man running the ride to stop it as we got to the top, which he kindly did.

At the top, Harmony gasped at how beautiful the view was. From the top of a ferries wheel, Gotham almost seemed nice and peaceful, when you couldn't see the crooks and the thugs. Fireworks suddenly began going off, and I took that as a chance to kiss Harmony full on the lips. She kissed back, leaving us both blushing when our lips parted. On the ground again, the pair of us got a few of the classic funfair foods (like hot dogs and cotton candy) for a few snacks. Then I took Harmony home; I found our date to be awesome, I hope she thought the same.