Chapter 32 (Joker's POV)

I hadn't long entered the cathedral with Vicki Vale, who I had forced into going in, when we both heard a loud bang and I instantly knew it was Batman. Once we reached the top, I walked up to the bell that hung over the stairs and melted the bolts with my acid flower. Batman soon reached the top; well, at least the bell stopped the police. 

"It appears I have a bat in my belfry." I said as Vicki and I danced around the edge of the bell tower; some of my men fight with Batman, "Shall we dance?"

They fight Batman, only for them to be beaten by the winged freak. Vicki Vale was being swung around by me, as I attempted the waltz. To be honest, she was pretending to be limp. I stopped for a minute, wanting to get her attention.

"Ya know, without you, I just can't go on." I took a fake gun and fired it; she screamed the house down. He, he, he. I had left my hat and jacket on a gargoyle. I continued to twirl her. 

I kissed up her arm, before saying, "It's though we were meant to be; beauty and the beast. Of course, if anyone else calls you beast, I'll rip their lungs out." I laughed as I pulled her into me.

She started kissing up my arm, "Mr Joker, you say such beautiful things. So powerful... and purple. Oh, I love purple." 

"Excuse me," I felt a tap on my shoulder, so turned to see Batman, "Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" He asked before he punched me and threw me around for a bit. 

"I'm going to kill!" He stopped before saying

"You idiot, you made me! Remember, you dumped me into that VAT of chemicals. That wasn't easy to get over and don't think I didn't try!"

"I do," He punched me in the stomach (which actually really hurt). I tried to punch Batman back in the stomach, only to meet with the super hard rubber he wore. It really hurt too because it was on my knuckles.

"You killed my parents!" Batman stated; at first I didn't hear him, and then I processed what he had said.

"What? What are you talking about?" I laughed after spitting out the blood.

"You made me first." Batman approached me, over towering me.

"Hey, bat brain, I was a kid when I killed your parents. When I say I made you, you gotta say you made me. How childish can ya get?" Batman backed me up to the edge, so I had no escape. I took out some oversized glasses, "Wouldn't hit a guy with glasses would ya?" 

He would. He punched me, and I fell on to a ledge, which Batman didn't know until I pulled him and Vicki down. They hung off the ledge. I looked at a gargoyle, laughing as I did, "What are you laughing at?" 

I was obviously offering a fake hand at the time, and Vicki went to take it - almost falling to her death when Batman saved her, "Here, let me lend ya a hand." It made me laugh even harder.

"Oh, they don't make 'em like they used to." I was on about some unstable bricks on the ledge. I noticed some were loose where Batman and Vicki hung, so started stomping on them, "Eh, Batsy!" 

My helicopter arrived as I was dancing around, "Well, it's time to retire. Feel free to drop in. Sometimes I just kill myself." I laughed as I waved to gargoyle. I regretted saying that line when I saw Batman fire a batclaw at the gargoyle and my ankle. It weighed me down because of the heavy stone and because I couldn't bear the weight, I fell to my death,