Chapter 12 (Quick Chapt; Dick's POV)

The weekend after mine and Harmony's date, I was on my way to my grandma's, which was out of Gotham and more near Metropolis. We were going for my mum's birthday. I felt sorry I had to leave Harmony alone and bored all weekend because I knew her dad would be busy with his work. But, I had to go for my mum and the fact I hadn't seen my grandma in over a month due to travelling with the circus all the time. 

My family and I made it to my grandma's in record time; it usually took us about 3 hours to get from Gotham to Metropolis, but this time it took 2 hours and 30 minutes. My grandma had lived alone for over 3 years now, since my grandfather died, so you could imagine how happy she was to see us after a month. Like my family and I, she was once a circus performer too, but due to her hip giving out all the time now, she couldn't perform. That really broke her heart when she found out that she could no longer perform; it was her lifelong dream to be a circus performer. Plus it was how she met my grandfather, so I guess it just ran in the family from that point. 

We were all sat at her dinner table for dinner time, when she saw a picture of Harmony with myself. She obviously asked about her and if she was my girlfriend as grandparents usually did if they saw you with someone else like I was with Harmony. I told her that Harmony and I had been on dates and that I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend soon, though sometimes it looked as if we already were, but I also said I was a bit nervous about asking her in case she said no.

My grandma sweetly smiled as she spoke, "Well, if you speak of her like you just did and the way you smiled, while you did, then I think she must be something special."  

"She most definitely is," I smiled, like I was in a daydream; my grandma went on to give me a bit of advice on relationships. For example, that I should focus on making her happy, or that I should be friendly with her dad.

"Grandma, her dad isn't any ordinary guy." I smirked, rubbing the back of my neck with the palm of my hand.

"What, is he Bruce Wayne or something?" Grandma raised an eyebrow.

"No, but he's.... he's different compared to most people, let's just say that." I chuckled as we finished our dinner.