Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Aftermath

❝The Vaile family is barely more 

The Vaile family is barely more 

than a memory.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter 27

The Aftermath

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

The five of us entered McGonagall's office and nearly dropped our jaws. Fawkes flew in first with a bold cry and looped around the room once before landing on Dumbledore's shoulder. He stood near the fireplace, beaming at his students, next to McGonagall, who was staring at her bloody, grimy students with horror clutching her chest to calm her great wheezes. Across from them was Molly Weasley tucked into an armchair surrounded by large piles of wadded up tissues, and her white-faced husband gripping the chair for support.

There was a moment of silence before Molly Weasley screamed, and ran toward the shaking girl beside me, "Ginny!"

Mr. Weasley was shortly behind his wife, and the three redheads clung to each other for a few seconds. Molly pulled from the hug first, leaving Ginny tightly latched to her father's side. Ron's mother looked at the three of us and darted between us, overwhelmed with thoughts.

With a fierce amount of love, she gathered the three of us in her arms and wetly cried, "You saved her! You saved her! How did you do it?"

"I think we'd all like to know that," McGonagall nodded weakly.

Ron looked at Harry and me wondering the same thing. Silence consumed the office while Harry and I communicated with a heavy, long look. I shook my head, unsure of how to start. Harry, with the sword still tucked into his belt, walked up to the large neat desk and placed the Sorting Hat, the ruby embossed sword covered in dark blood, and the stabbed ink-stained diary tensely without a word.

"I guess we should start at the beginning," I weakly nodded, glancing at Harry who agreed, "It was Halloween. The first time I felt sick."

"It was the first time I heard the voice, too," Harry added, launching us headfirst into the story with Ron and me helping layout the unfolding of the year while the adults listened in rapt silence.

We told them everything. We told them about how Harry was hearing a voice, how I felt sick before the attacks, how Hermione had figured out that Harry was hearing a Basilisk which set off my Druid senses as a wizard made beast; how Harry, Ron, and I followed the spiders into the forest, that Aragog had told us about the last victim had died; how Harry connected it to Moaning Myrtle, and the entrance was in her very bathroom the entire time.