Chapter Two: The Golden Quartet Unified.

❝Neither of us

❝Neither of us

deserves to be alone

anymore.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter 2

The Golden Quartet Unified

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Time passed strangely at Hogwarts. Everything was happening so quickly yet so agonizingly slow. It was already Halloween, two months had passed since starting school. This was both the best and the worst news. These were the two most confusing months of my life and it was starting to take a toll on me.

It was nothing how I expected Hogwarts to pan out to be. I was in Gryffindor and actually starting to somewhat settle into it. Ron and Harry still tended to avoid me but everyone else was starting to give me a chance. Especially after Dean Thomas helped me up the first time the Slytherin group cornered me. It's happened plenty of times since then. I wouldn't say we were friends exactly but at least the glaring had stopped.

I was trying to be like the other people in my house. I really was. But everything felt so reluctant and incorrect whenever I did something like them. Life here was the opposite of everything I've ever been taught. The world has turned upside down and I've fallen into Wonderland. My sense of identity felt destroyed. I still have the same blue eyes and black hair but everything inside me felt shifted off course. The others bonded and built their friendships so easily, I was somewhat jealous. The skin on my body nearly turns green sometimes when I watch how effortlessly they interact. My life has been spent in fear that I would say the wrong thing and get mocked for it. I feel like anyone who sees me, looks at me as a Slytherin reject that was raised by Death Eaters.

Classes were a mix. Herbology was going as well as I expected. It was exciting to learn more about plants I was familiar with. Professor Sprout was very impressed with my natural talent with plants. Potions was similar but Snape would rather die than admit I was one of the better students or even reward me in any way. Especially considering I was supposed to be in his house.

Astronomy was hard. Really hard. I struggled to stay awake during class and tell the difference between identical looking stars and planets. I felt like it was a huge waste of time when I could just look at an astronomy calendar to see where stars were in the sky. History of Magic was more difficult with my short attention span. Transfiguration was humiliating because of how badly I was processing. My match was the last to be turned into a needle. Even Neville Longbottom got it before I did. It was easily arguable that I was one of the worst in my year. Uncle Jasper would be mortified if he knew.