Chapter 41: Terrible Twos

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ‿୨ ♡ ୧‿ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter 41

Terrible Twos

(Also Known as Twins.)

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

❝You see

with your heart

and

empathy follows.❞

The first few weeks back at Hogwarts were off with a bang. Word about Neville's boggart quickly swept through the school. Most of the school heard about the amusing fashion stylings of our false professor by morning. It was more than enough for Snape to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Every morning, as Lupin's popularity among the student body grew, Snape became increasingly cranky. Hogwarts was suspended in the balance of the comforting change of Lupin and the soured impact of Snape's sneer.

Snape's cruelty during potions toward Neville soared to new heights as he treated each class like a battlefield. Neville often left the room in tears while the Slytherins snickered gleefully. It was schoolyard cruelty at its finest. If I wasn't terrified of the dangling threat of my betrothal, I would have said just as much as my housemates. Nearly all the others in my year had landed themselves detentions a few times throughout September.

Luckily, Lupin's DADA class seemed to be the spoonful of sugar to help balance the bitterness of potions. Every day my classmates would walk into the room with beaming smiles and mostly done assignments. Like Slytherin's thrived in potion lessons, the Gryffindors bloomed during Defense Against the Dark Arts. It almost felt like poetic justice.

All except for me. I did neither.

As much as I tried to forget Lupin's lycanthropy, my mind couldn't shake it. My discomfort and nerves marinated in the guilty emotions I held toward myself for such problematic thoughts. Gaius would be very disappointed in me. I know he would be because I was disappointed in myself.

Care of Magical Creatures proved to be no less disappointing. Hagrid's disastrous first day shadowed the rest of the term. All his exciting lesson plans were forgotten in the back of his mind. He didn't believe in himself enough to teach us. So, we spend our time looking after flobberworms. The years of anticipation made the crash landing into reality particularly brutal.