Chapter Twenty-Six: Tom Riddle

❝Great spells that would make 

the empty-headed wizards of today 

tremble at the mere idea.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter 26

Tom Riddle

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Soon we came up to a large vault like door covered in iron snakes. Harry hesitated for a second. This was the entrance. This was the Chamber of Secrets. History had forgotten it but the Chamber laid undetected deep, deep beneath the castle in wait to carry out the hateful revenge of Salazar Slytherin. Walking up to it felt like a prophecy being fulfilled.

Harry walked directly up to the great vault door and hissed, "Hesha- Hassah."

A large snake coiled around the outer circle of the vault, making the inner snakes retract from it's path successfully unlocking the door. Snake by snake, the cave echoed with a bang. After the last snake retreated, the door slowly swung partially open with a rusty wine.

Immediately, I was slapped with aggressive, ancient magical energy. Every lungful of air stung like poison. A wave of bile rose in the back of my throat but I swallowed it thickly. Harry only turned to look at me when the orb of light flickered weakly before I forced myself to focus on anything but the energy coming from the chamber. It felt wrong.

Harry looked at me, and I took my wand out of the holster keeping the ball of light aglow in the other hand. Shakily, I nodded and raised my wand, "For G-Ginny."

"You should go back. Help Ron with the cave in," Harry ordered, "This is going to be dangerous."

"If you think I'm letting you go in there alone," I stated, nudging him with my elbow, "You're mad."

"Elle," He breathed, "We don't know what's in there. You could get hurt."

"So could you," I argued, "You're the closest thing I have to a sibling. We're going in there together. As a team."

It was admittedly a cheesy sentiment but the truthful statement visibly impacted Harry. Yes, Daphne and Astoria were basically my sisters but Harry understood what it felt like being a orphan created through murder. His eyes watered so lightly that it was almost undetectable. Slowly, a weak smile spread across his face, and I returned it. Harry didn't vocally agree, but he nodded. It was a moment of warmth before we let ourselves plunge into the wicked darkness beyond the rusting door.

"Let's go. Remember to close your eyes if you see any movement," Harry whispered, leading me over to stand in the opening of the monster sized entrance.