Chapter Eleven: The Return Home

❝Tell me

❝Tell me.

What happened to

your parents' embroidery?

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter 11

The Return Home

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Uncle Jasper didn't even allow me to say goodbye to my friends before bringing me back to Greengrass Estate with an overly tight hand digging into my shoulders. The last thing I saw was Hermione's concerned stare as I disappeared. If he let his nails grow longer, I'm sure they would have broken my skin turning red in his tight grasp. Daphne was relentlessly glaring at me when we landed in the familiar, overly grand entrance hall for causing such an abrupt departure from the platform. All the Slytherins had been sending my friends, and I heated glares since the feast.

 Her mouth opened to speak but her father cut her off sharply, "Daphne, go check on your sister. You do not need to be here for this."

Her annoyance broke at the seething rage in her father's tone and glanced at me before scurrying up the grand white stairs. A few times she glanced behind her to look at my ghostly face and her father's tensed jaw.

 When his daughter was out of view, Jasper moved his hand from my shoulder to nearly crushing my wrist in his hands. My feet stumbled to keep up with the brutish way he was pulling me toward the direction of his office. Tiny squeaks echoed in the empty mansion when my rubber soles skidded on the polished marble floor. Tears filled my eyes from the intensity of his grip but fear locked my voice from asking him to stop. It felt like it was about to break under the pressure.

A bang echoed down the hall when he threw open the door making it slam against the wall with such a force that the paintings shook. A portrait of a deceased Greengrass Wizard grumbled at us but Jasper silenced it with the wave of his wand. I was thrown down into the seat facing his desk and watched his body, slightly quivering from rage, stand with his back to me. Jasper was silent as he looked out over the perfectly manicured gardens. 

His voice was shaking with the barely controlled anger when he turned and hissed, "What...did...I...tell...you...before...you...returned...to...Hogwarts?"

Air seemed just out of the reach of my lungs and I gasped overrun with anxiety to the point of dizziness, "To stay out of trouble."

"And, did you?" He responded without waiting for me to reply he shouted, "No! You completely disregarded everything I asked of you. As always with you, I hardly know where to start. Should we start with the fact you and your gang decided to stop something that could bring back someone brave enough to fight for a purer magical world? Did you think about the damage your meddling would wreck onto such a rotting society struggling to heal from Dumbledore's putrid influence? And Daphne tells me you were seen having private meetings with that man and now you're one of that senile oaf's favorite pets! You must have not uttered a single protest to the disgusting last minute cheating of the house cup from that lunatic! Have you no shame? I believed I raised a girl who respected herself. You associate with the lowest breeds of wizard and manage to humiliate yourself, and this family by losing fifty points alone in a single night to play an idiotic prank on Draco Malfoy. Because of you, he had to risk his safety in the Forbidden Forest! After all the Malfoy family has done for blood traitor spawn like you! You bring dishonor to your bloodline. The mere sight of you crying like an innocent victim in that seat makes my blood boil. Do you have any explanation for this wild behavior?"