Chapter 37: Snippets of Summer

❝A rarity to the untrained and foolish eye 

A rarity to the untrained and foolish eye 

will always be diminished 

to an abnormality.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

Chapter 37

Snippets of Summer

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

July 23rd:

Diagon Alley's grand Prospero Theater was familiar to me. Ballets, concerts, and plays were beloved by the Wizarding elite. The Malfoy and Greengrass families shared a luxurious box every year. Daphne used to pick a color pallet for each play. Even Mr. Malfoy would indulge the little blonde girl. It may surprise some to learn that Draco was one of the most enthralled with the theater. However, if you think on the theatrics of the boy, it comes as less of a shock. The golden arches and red velvet curtains were phantoms in my memory for as far as I could trace back. However, this ballet performance of Don Quixote was special.

I'd seen it before. In fact, I must have seen this ballet over five times. The humorous grand tale was popular with the magical folk of Diagon Alley. However, this time, when the second act started, I focused as intensely as a herbology lesson. Margret Brown had secured her first solo role as Cupid. Her name was on the program next to her role- Margaret Elaine Brown. It wasn't the biggest role, but Margret Brown finally had a chance to shine as the assistant of the Dryad Queen.

Margret's ballet career was infamous at Hogwarts, due to her prodigy status and the fact Dumbledore gave her special privileges. He allowed her to floo to lessons every other day and turn one of the abandoned classrooms into a dance studio. Normally, witches and wizards who wished to study ballet would attend Beauxbatons if you could get into their ballet program your first year.

Despite the fact that Margret Brown's boyfriend, Sam Hudson, was sitting a few seats over, Andrew Nickles was bewitched by the graceful ballerina onstage. The goofy muggleborn was so opposite of his best friend, and secret crush. The irony of her role as Cupid was not lost on Cedric Diggory or me. We snickered to each other, glancing at the two wizards watching her twirl around the stage in adoration. If Margret and Cedric weren't so platonically friends, they could have been the most attractive couple at Hogwarts. Even if Margret's beauty was a little strange, her personality made up for it.

She wore a cream leotard, with short airy sleeves that matched the short structureless tutu that went to her upper thigh. On the bodice and around the waist was a thin silk ribbon in light pink, with little pink and white roses sewed on. They matched the silk flower crown pinned to her head. Margret Brown was a vision of youthful beauty and grace.