chapter 10

kirstie

i waited for scotts text. when my mom came in my room.

"darling, do you want something to eat?" she asked.

"no  mom, i'll grab something later" she turned to walk out. "im going out tonight by the way and i might be late. dont wait for me." i stated sitting on my bed.

"no you are not going anywhere, you're teacher called me and said that you havent been paying attention in class and not doing your homework. so dont think about leaving this house." she said all of a sudden, she usually doesnt deny when i want something.

"urgghh, mom i will do my homework later. just this one time, what is wrong"

"i dont need you failing, your sister is doing great in school, getting a's, but you... you havent gotten a single a since i dont know, i thought you were good at school."

"mom you can compare me to sis, we are two completly different people"

"i dont care, whether you like it or not, you are not going anywhere tonight." and with that she left my room. i heard a bleep from my phone indicating i got a message. i picked up my phone and looked at the message, it was from scott.

scott: can you pick me up now?

kirstie: my mom is not letting me go.

scott: what!? no, please kirstie...

kirstie: okay i'll see what i can do

scott: thanks, thank you so much, it means alot

i placed my phone in my pocket and grabbed my jacket. i went out of my room and headed downstairs. my parents were in the living room so i quickly went in and got some onions and crept back upstairs. i cut a slice and waved it around my eyes until it started to sting and tears started to fall. i hid i small piece of onion in the pocket of my top and too out my phone out of my pocket. time to act. i cleared my throat and rushed dowstairs and placed the phone between my shoulder and ear pretending to be on the phone whilst putting my shoes on.

"where do you think you are going?" my mom came out the living room, my dad right behind her.

"mom, p-please i have to go, my friend j-just got in a car accident. i have to be with him. mom please." i stuttered whilst fake tears spilled out of my eyes ruining my makeup. "mom they are taking him to the hospital. please. mom you cant do this"

"and how do i know you are not acting and tricking me into going out"

"MOM! are you kidding me! why would i joke about my friend being in hospital!" technically it was true. right...

"okay fine, i'll come with"

"no its fine mom, i'll be back when i can. thanks mom" i gave her a hug to make this act seem more real. before heading out. i got in the car and drove to scotts house. i stopped the car outside and texte him saying tha i was waiting outside and to bring wipes. i got the onion piece and tossed it out of my pocket. the things i put myself through.

soon scott jogged up to the car and took a seat in the passener side. he took his time warming himself up.

"did you bring the wipes" i asked impatiently.

"yeah, her- whoa, what happened"

"its called acting. a couple of tears, involving an onion. a well thought out plan."

"wow!"

"now why did you tell me to come, it better be worth it okay, i used onions and i hate onions."

"we are going to avi's house and sneaking out his things. just i brought the bags and stuff for his clothes and things. and i saw a ladder nearby his house when i left so lets go."

"are you crazy! i do not want to go back there again!" i shrieked

"but we have to for avi, i cant let him stay there. its not safe for him. please"

"you are out of your mind" he looked at me with pleading eyes. "but since i did so much to get out of the house... fine. i'll do it"

"omg thank you!" he said hugging me. once he let go i drove to avi's house. we got out the car once we had reached and made our way to the side of his house. scott had gotten the ladder he had seen and placed it by the window.

"i'll go up and you stay look out, i'll get as much as i can and throw them down, you place them in the bag." i nodded my head. i was agreeing to everything but inside i was a little scared. scott climbed up the ladder and disappeared into the window.

scott

i looked around the room making sure i was in the right room and got the flashlight out of my pocket. i could feel my heart beating and my breathing was heavy. i wiped my hands on the side of my legs because they had become really hot and moist. i was nervous, really nervous. i habe never done something like this before.

i crept to avi's wardrobe and grabed a handful of his clothes. i put them in a bag i was carrying with me and got as many of his clothes as i could. i went back to the window and threw them down so that kirstie could put them in the bigger bag.

i looked around for anything that avi might need, his school bag. i grabbed it and looked for his books that may be lying around and placed them inside his bag. so far things were going well and i wasnt feeling as nervous as before. i grabbed any of his essentials like toothpast and brush, other things he would need on a daily bases. i found a bear on his bed. i grabbed hold of it and on the desk beside his bed there was a photo. i couldnt see clearly what it was but put it in the bag anyway.

i was just about to drop the bag when i heard rattling on the door. someone was here. i dropped the bag and waved at kirstie hopin she understood what i meant. i hid underneath avi's bed and held my breath just in time when the door opened.

.

.

.

ooh.

i really hope you are enjoying this book. and my other ones. i will try to update as frequently as i can.

boop!