chapter 14

scott

since avi was going to stay for a while i cleared some space for him in my wardrobe so that he could put his clothes in them instead of have them lying around everywhere in bags. my mom came in and brought us some food, she made us fries and burgers.

i got out some extra balnkets so that i could set up a sleeping area for myself later. i thought i should let avi sleep on the bed since he just came out of the hospital. soon after he comes out of the bathroom and looks around then at me.

"erm, mom brought something to eat. please eat." i said in a quiet yet audible voice. he nods his head and takes the plate and leaves the room. i grab my plate and follow him. where was he going. he headed down the stairs and into the dining room. he sat at the table and then started eating. "why didnt you just eat it upstairs?"

"i prefer eating meals downstairs at the table. if it was just a snack then i wouldnt mind. sorry"

"no, no it fine, do what suits you best" i gave him a smile as he continued to eat. i grabbed a seat next to him and had my meal. though most of time i wasnt focussing on my meal. i miss messing with him, now its all dull and boring. all i wanted was to be his friend at least. if we are going to live with each other then we are going to have to get along like friends and not like the first day we met.

once he was done with his meal i offered to take it to the kitchen and he went upstairs. i was in the kitchen washing up with my mom when she started asking questions.

"so how long will he be here for?"

"as long as it needs to be. maybe forever."

"but son doesnt he have his own family?"

"no, he doesnt. i mean yes, but you know his father is abusive. you know my nature mom." she sighs knowingly. there was a few minutes of silence. she started tapping her fingers which means that she wanted to ask me something but thinking of a way to say it.

"if you have something to say just say it mom." i said whilst putting the plates in the cupboards.

"do you like him."

"yes mom.. he is a nice guy, why woudnt anyone like him"

"no i mean do you like, like him."

"why do you ask."

"well... it isnt like you to have sleepovers. yet you are so determined to have him stay with us. i know you are a very talkative person but since he has been here you barely say anything to him. are you guys dating, has something happened between you too?"

"mom! we are not dating, he is having a rough time, so if im not speaking to him, its only because he wants some time to himself. and you know the situation and the reason to why he is staying here. anyways. i am going to bed, goodnight"

"night dear."

avi

i come downstairs to get a glass of water when i hear scott and his mom speaking.

"do you like him" she says, im guessing they are talking about me.

"yes mom.. he is a nice guy, why woudnt anyone like him"

"no i mean do you like, like him."

"why do you ask."

"well... it isnt like you to have sleepovers. yet you are so determined to have him stay with us. i know you are a very talkative person but since he has been here you barely say anything to him. are you guys dating, has something happened between you too?"

"mom! we are not dating, he is having a rough time, so if im not speaking to him, its only because he wants some time to himself. and you know the situation and the reason to why he is staying here. anyways. i am going to bed, goodnight"

 i quickly rush upstairs and into the room. i get out my notebook just in time as he came in the room. i try to take deap breaths to slow down my breathing. he walks towards his cupboards and takes out a towels and heads into the bathroom. i sigh a breath of relief once he shut the door.

he didnt answer the question. not that it bothers me though.. but it did seem like he was avoiding he question. does he like me? i got a pencil and started doodling in my notebook. a few minutes later i heard the bathroom door open, i look up to see scott come out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waits, his hair was wet and covered his forehead. i couldnt help but stare at his body. you could tell that he works out.

"like what you see?" i looked up and saw him smiling at me.

"huh?.. oh... im sorry." i mumbled, looking away from him.

"dont be, im not used to this either. i should remember next time that im not the only one here anymore." he chuckled. i turned around allowing him to change. i could feel my heart beating fast. i didnt know whether he was done or not so without looking at him i reached out for the bed that was made on the floor when his hand grabbed mine.

"wha are you doing" he asked.

"going to bed." i replied.

"not here, there" he said pointing to his bed.

"but thats your bed. i couldnt"

"but you just came out of the hospital, i couldnt possibly let you sleep on the ground."

"but its fine..."

"but its not fine with me, come on." he held on to my hand and led me towards the bed. his hand were warm and soft. he turns so that he was facing me. he had a smile on his face and placed his hand on my shoulders. he still hadnt put on a top.

"arent you gonna put on a top"

"nope, i sleep without one, but if it bothers you i'll put one on"

"no its fine... erm, goodnight."

"night avriel" he turned around and hearing my full name from his voice sounded really nice. i usually dont like it when someone calls me by my full name. what made him so different from the others.

.

.

.

helloooo

hope your having a lovely weekend.

question: who is going to a ptx concert and which date?

im going to the 30th of april :)

so if any of yall are going on that date, i hope to see you there :)