chapter 6

avi

people were giving me wierd looks as we came out of he nurses office. scott was helping me walk, we had 2 free periods so we decided to go to choir. like i had promised scott. we entered the theatre room and mitch immediatel saw us and rushed over towards us.

"hey gu...oh my, what happened to you"

"a couple of guys thought it was cool to beat him up" scott said.

"can i sit down." i asked feeling a bit light headed.

"sure" he lead me to the nearest seat and sat me down.

"so, scott right?" mitch said and scott nodded in response. "show us what you got!"

"my pleasure." i watched as scott walked up on stage "what should i sing."

"anything, you see we actually named it choir so that it sounds smart and nerdy, but we sing anything we like." mitch explained. "but of course, when a teacher comes to check we pretend to sing choir, i mean we arent bad at it either."

"cool, im gonna sing halo by beyonce" he said looking at me. can he even sing, i bet he can even sing, oh he is going to embarrass himself. mitch came and sat beside me. and the oher people were sitting in seat further away. scott sat at the piano. he can play? now i was inerested.

he began playing the piano and i was instantly in awe of how good he played and then he began singing. he passion he had when he sand was unbelievable, it was like he felt the song when he sang it, like he connected with the song. i was mesmerised.

"whoa, he is good." mitch commented, his eyes wide in amazement. "what am i saying, good isnt even a word to describe this." i didnt say anything, i just turned my head back to scott. he kept looking up at me and smiling and when he was finished he looked up  at me whilst everyone else clapped. i was brought out of my thoughts when mitch nudged me. he was telling me to clap for scott. i brought my hand together and clapped for him.

he got up and came walking towards us. he sat nex to mitch and mitch started talking to him, telling him how good he was and how his talent could take him places.

"since we are new here, why dont you show us what you got, and the others can also sing too" scott suggested

"definetely, i would be most delighted to." mitch got up and headed towards the stage. scott took this opportunity to sit next to me.

"you alright?" he asked, his voice sounding so gentle and sweet.

"yeah."

"so.." he said facing me "did you like it"

"i never knew you could sing."

"actually no one does, not even my parents. but you enjoyed it didnt you"

"i dont know"

"you totally did, i saw you smiling." i was smiling? why would i smile, his performance wasnt pleasing. yeah he could sing really well but, i didnt enjoy it.

"okay fine whatever, i dont really connect with beyonce anyways."

"you did not just say that!"

"what...i dont connect with beyonce. i dont listen to her songs on a daily basis, is that something wrong."

"how, i dont understand. you are the first person i know hat doesnt listen to beyonce. thats so wierd, talking to someone who has no knowledge about my favourite singer...but.. i guess i can make an exception.. for you." he rambled.

"whats that supposed to mean?" he smiled.

"dont worry." he replied. he sighed and faced the front. i kept looking at him as if trying to read him, but i didnt know what he meant, or if he was trying to tell me something. he had a satisfied smile on his face as he watched mitch perform.