chapter 12

kirstie

it has been a while and scott hasnt come out. i take a deep breath and open the door to my car, just then avi's dad slams the door open from the house. i immediately shut the door and start the engine. i dont want to leave scott but i'll call the police when i am at a safe distance. the car engine fails to turn on, but i keep trying. avi's dad is getting closer and closer by the second. i struggle even more which ended up in my keys dropping on the floor.

"oi, you little bitch!" he screams his hand on the steering wheel. he drags me out of the car by the hair and pushes me against the car. his breathe reeking of alcohol. "arent you a pretty little one."

"get off me!" i shout but he puts his hand over my mouth.

"you are very annoying though. lets take this inside." he growls and drags me towards the house. one of the neighbors come out of the house.

"HELP! HELP ME! PLEASE!" i screamed but the man looked at avi's dad who gave him a death stare and he quickly turned away and went back inside his house. tears were streaming down my eyes. what the hell? what the hell is wrong with him?

i was pulled inside the house and as soon as i saw scott on the floor i screamed and shoved avi's dad running towards scott. he was badly injured and had blacked out. i shook him hoping he would wake up. but i was drageed out of the kitchen and into another room. he shoved me against the wall and held his hand against my mouth.

"if i hear another peep outta you, i will rip your little head of hair out of your scalp." he threatened. he pushed a strand of hair out of my face and let his hand slide down my cheeks. he removed his hand away from my mouth and let his outher hand trail over my lips. i took this chance and bit his hand hard and pushed him out of my way.

i headed for the door but felt a hand grab my hair and pull me back.  he pulled me back and slapped me on the face.

"DONT FUCKING MO-" right then his eyes roll back and he drops to the floor. it was scott. scott dropped the baseball bat on the ground. he let out a shaky breath and offered his hand out. i grabbed it almost immediately and helped heim walk out, on the way out he grabbed a book and we headed for the car.

....

"are you alright?" scott asks.

"yeah im fine. and thanks, for helping me back there"

"its no biggie, you helped me so i couldnt have left you. even if i could have i wouldnt." he smiled.

"we need to get you cleaned up. plus i did tell me mum i was going to the hospital so why not." i parked in the parking lot and helped scott all the way into the hospital and into a room. soo after the doctor came inside and cleaned up his wounds annd let us go.

"excuse me doctor, do you mind if we can see avriel kaplan" scott asked

"visiting hours are over but since you havent signed out, you are still a patient so you can go ahead, but make it quick because this usually doesnt happen."

"quick question do you have a pencil" i asked

"yeah, here you go"

"thank you" the doctor walked off, an i turned to face scott and gave him the pencil. he looked confused but i saw him take the book with him as we got out of the car.

"ill wait in the car, will you be alright walking back" he nodded his head and walked off.

scott

i opened the door to avi's room. he was asleep, and he looked so adorable and peaceful. i quietly shut the door and walked to his bed. i shouldnt bother waking him up. i placed the book beside him and placed his  hand on top of it very gently and put the pencil inside the book. i kept my hand on his for a bit before leaving.

kirstie was waiting in the car when i came back. she tied her hair back and made herself look more presentable.

"when i go home i need my mum to actually believe that i went to the hospital. so can you do me a favour please."

"sure."

scott

"okay let me know if you need anything" kirstie says through the phone, i hear her mom say let me talk.

"hello, this is kirstie's mom. you are kirstie's friend."

"yes ma'am" i reply in an audible whisper. to make it look like i really did have an accident.

"how can you prove that you are not faking this and she just asked you to say all this huh."

"i-i d-dunno, how cou-" i motioned my sister to come in

"excuse me mr.hoying, you shouldnt be talking on the phone at this time, and take some rest. you will be discharged tomorrow. just take some rest please" she said. and gave me a thumbs up before leaving.

"im sorry ma'am i'm sure you heard the doctor,"

"oh.. yes, perhaps we could come for dinner tomorrow. as a way to say sorry for my rude behaviour."

"i would be delighted to. it was nice speaking to you."

"you too." and she hung up. well phew. that was stressful. soon after kirstie called me again. i didnt say anything just to make sure it was actually kirstie speaking

"hey, thanks for that, and sorry for you coming tomorrow. you dont have to if you dont want to, ill make up some kinda excuse. my mom is very stubborn, im sure she just said that just so she could get some proof"

"kirstie relax, ill come its no biggie"

"okay thanks, ill talk to you tomorrow"

"bye" i said hanging up and heading straight to bed

.

.

.

fioa;hdgdj that was horrible to write. 

anyways hope you enjoyed it.

:) im trying to update as much as i can but im gonna be so busy in the upcoming weeks and urggh.

ill try my best to find time i guess.