chapter 19

avi

once I knew I was far away from him I slowed down breathing a sigh of relief. I was absolutely sure I didn't want to see or speak to scott right now. I decided to go to the theatre hall since I knew it was the last place he would look for me. I knew no one would be there today because there is nothing going on today, not even choir.

I walked into the empty hall, making sure no one saw me come inside. I kept the lights off because it was better like that. I still could see around me. I went up on the stage and sat on the ground and crossed my legs, dropping my bag off the stage and onto the floor. I had a pen in my hand and opened my notebook.

it had loads of writing in it. loads off song ideas that I had written since I was 12. writing songs has always been a passion of mine, I would perform them but singing isn't my kinda thing. im working on this new song. not much to its only the first couple of lines.

I sat and thought about what else to write but nothing was coming to mind. there wasn't much inspiration. so I got up and grabbed a guitar that was nearby. I strum a note hoping to get a nice tune to my head. I was so busy writing and concentrating that I didn't notice the door open and someone entering. I strum the guitar again, noting down the notes. just in case I decide to use it later.

"I didn't know you play the guitar?" a familiar voice called from the back of the hall. I looked up to see scott sitting there, he got up and started proceeding in my direction. I quickly shut my book as he neared the stage.

"how did you know I was here?"

"I didn't. I jus came here to think. and you happened to be here, to my luck. say, what you writing?" he reached out to my book. I placed my hand firmly on my book, stopping him from taking it, but he didn't give up, he kept on pulling.

"can you please let go of my book. I don't want you looking through it" I plead

"why not, you can trust me with secrets, I promise no one will ever know" before he even finished his sentence he managed to get the book off me. and sat up on the stage beside me. I watched as he opened my book and looked through all the scribbles and writing that I had done over the past 5 years. until he reached the most recent one. the song I had just been trying to finish.

"you like writing songs" he says looking up at me with a smile. I don't respond. "they are good. hey, why don't I help you finish this one."

I didn't know how I felt about that. im not sure if I wanted to do that. but I still decided not to say anything. he takes the pen from my hand and looks at my lyrics so far, he scribbles something down before putting the pen down. giving me the book.

"read it" I look at what he had written. and I had to admit it was really good. I tried to hold the smile from forming on my lips but failed and I could tell he was glad. "so...?"

"I like it." I confessed.

"great! come on!" he pulled me up and dragged me to the piano and sat me down beside him. he pressed a note a couple of times before starting to sing the song.

"I counted the stars tonight.

oh how the shine so bright

I gather them all so we perfectly align

while we gaze from far away

and separately watch the day

come rising across the horizon in our minds"

I was completely in awe when he finished, his voice sounded amazing, I know I have heard it before but its different when its your own song. well I guess its his now too. I didn't realise I was staring at him the entire time. his smile makes me want to ki-  I snapped out of my thoughts and looked away from him. I could still feel him staring at me and I didn't know what to do. so I got up and walked away, he quickly got up and followed me. but then I stopped and turned around. him obviously directly behind me. I took a deep breathe and put my arms around his waist. giving him a hug. he placed his hand around me, but before I let the hug last I pull away.

"im sorry" I say, feeling a blush come to my cheeks. should I ask him. I should ask him. but I couldn't do it. I should try. "erm... scott."

"hmmm"

"do you wanna... I don't know... come over... finish off the song."

"I  thought you'd never ask."  he smiled, engulfing me in a sudden hug. this time the hug lasted. yeah  it felt very strange and awkward at first. but then I hesitantly lifted my hand to his side. I slowly pulled away from him not knowing what to do. he was looking down at me, his lips inches away from mine. I could feel the tension between us.

"I-i'll s-send you the address" I breathed out. breaking he hug. he cleared his throat rubbing his sides before putting his hands in his pockets. we stood there in silence for a bit, avoiding each others eyes.

"ill see you later then.." he said

"er, yeah... sure" I replied. I grabbed my bag and put my notebook in it. I waited for him and he smiled walking alongside me. our arms were in contact but we both didn't say a word the whole way to class.

I didn't mind it. I felt comfortable with it.

.

.

.

omg hey, hope this was okay. I don't have much to say other than you guys are amazing.