3│Kai

Asher and I were at the end of the line. I could hear groans of disappointment from the villagers as time progressed. Soon, we arrived near the front of the line. Two other boys were in front of us.

"Why do we have to come to such places? Obviously, commoners are not going to have any abilities and if they do, it will probably be a weak abilities type too." A youngest priest with long red hair mumbled.

"I know right, Nyle, why do we have to waste our precious time and energy to entertain these peasants? I don't know why the King still insists on performing mana tests on such lowlifes. The King is just wasting his resources and mana stones." Another priest chimed in.

Although magic exists in this world, the Kingdom of Asten is more advanced compared to the other neighboring Kingdoms. In the Kingdom of Asten, mana crystals exist. Mana crystals can be used to increase your magical abilities as well as be used to be infused into common goods to power items such as lamps.

I don't know why the priests were complaining when it took at most 5 seconds to arrive here, after all, they most likely used the teleportation spell.

Finally, it was our turn. Asher was in front of me, so he went first. He looked back at me nervously and stepped up onto the stage. He walked towards the center where the 5 priests stood.

In the center of the stage, was a huge see-through mana crystal that would be used to determine what ability you have, if any.

The mana crystal will light up a different color depending on your magical ability.

Red for fire, Blue for water, Green for earth, White for air, and Gold for Light.

There are 5 main elements which were fire, water, earth, air, and light. However, no one in history has ever processed the light ability since the 1st King of Asten, the hero Cedric.

Many believe that the light ability was just simply a legend but I knew that was not true. After all, I read the book and I knew that in a couple of seconds, I would witness firsthand the blinding light that the light ability would omit from the mana crystal.

After knowing which main element you process, you can help progress it and customize it to fit your style meaning you can transform your simple fire ability to a lightning ability if you possess the capacity and power to do so. Or you may simply transfix your fire ability to inhabit objects such as a sword to create a fire sword.

There were many instances in which the mana crystal was lit up in more than one color. If two colors were shown, it simply meant you had two abilities. If three colors were shown, then it meant that you had three abilities. However, just because you have a certain amount of magical abilities does that mean you will be able to utilize them. You need to practice your abilities to their fullest potential in order to be able to fully use it.

That is why Thornclaw Royal Academy was formed. So that the future generations of heroes would be prepare and able to use their magical abilities to the fullest potential because at any given time because the seal that is keeping the Demon King locked away in the Icehearth mountain is weakening.

In this world, there exists "The Blessings of the Gods"

"The Blessings of the Gods" were various blessings given by the Gods to the original heroes who once walked the lands during the 1st Holy War against the demons.

There were five great heroes who lead the army of humans to victory. These five heroes were blessed by the God of Fire, the Goddess of Water, the God of Air, the Goddess of Earth, and finally the Goddess of Light.

Since the Gods and Goddess granted these five heroes magical abilities, there were known to all as the "Pure-Bloods" meaning their blood is the purest of them all and thus have the most magical powers. 1/8 of all the nobles today are Pure-Bloods: direct descendants from the first five heroes.