17│Kai

When I came back to my dorm, I passed Asher and Allen who were coming out of their dorm room. They stared at me awkwardly. Ever since that day in the cafeteria, we did not speak much except for a short few greetings. Asher and Allen looked at me like they wanted to say something to me. I paused, waiting for them to speak.

"Um...Kai...I-I'm sorry!" Asher uttered out with a red, embarrassed face.

Allen nodded, "I am sorry too! We should have told Prince Caspian the truth," He hanged his head in shame.

"I accept your apologies," I said. I accepted their apology so easily because I was aware that their actions may have been influenced by the book. Plus, I have been ignoring them for two months because of the incident, so I figured that it was good enough for a punishment.

Asher looked at me with tears in his eyes and he jumped on me.

"Really?!" Asher said as he hugged me with big doe eyes.

"Yes," I said as I gently pulled his arms off of me.

Asher did not seem to be offended, he just locked arms with me, much to my dismay. Asher clung to my arms and smiled at me.

"Have you decided yet who do you want in your group for the upcoming royal hunt event tomorrow?" Asher asked me and he fluttered his eyelashes at me.

I grimaced and unhooked my arm from his again.

"Not yet," I responded.

In the royal hunt, the students at Thornclaw Royal Academy will venture into the forest for 3 days. The students needed to have five teammates to participate, no more, no less.

The goal of the hunt is to hunt mythical beasts. The team who has the strongest mythical beast(s) will be crowned as the winners. The winners will be each granted a wish from each of the four royal families. So to sum it all up, the winners will each be granted four wishes.

I hoped to be teammates with Caliban because I know that he is strong and will most likely win. I want to use this chance to reveal my identity as the lost prince to the Silvan royal family.

Plus, during this event, Caliban is supposed to be blamed for the high-level dragon that broke through the barrier to search for its missing treasure. If I am his teammate, then I would be able to protect him as well. It was like hitting two birds with one stone.

Why was Asher being so clingy towards me? Shouldn't he be flaunting his love with the Capture Targets? Sheesh! Give me a break!

Asher beamed and said with an annoying voice, "Great! Let's be teammates!"

Ughhhh...

Before I could respond, I felt strong arms wrap around me and I was momentarily stunned.

It was Caspian.

What the heck?

2 months ago, when the cafeteria confrontation happened, Caspian took a liking to me and has been following me everywhere like a lovesick puppy. Every time, however, I would narrowly make my escape. But, how could he just sneak up on me like this?! I knew that he was roommates with Asher and Allen, but he usually doesn't come back to the dorm because he needs to fulfill his duties as the crown prince and even if he did, he would come back to the dorm late at night.

"Sorry, but he is already in my team," Caspian said smugly.

Excuse me, since when?

"I'm sure he does not want to be your teammate, right Kai?" Asher asked me innocently.

They both turned to look towards me and I tried to find an excuse when I saw a familiar figure and called out, "Caliban!"

Caliban turned towards me, confused. I ran over to him, leaving them hanging.

I'm sorry...not...

"Can I join your team?" I asked.

He nodded at me. "Yes, you can. I was just about to ask you, that is why I was coming to your dorm. Dustin and Rino offered to be part of my team for some reason, saying something along the lines that they were sorry for not defending me and that they had no choice, whatever that means. Anyways, do you happen to know someone for the fifth member?"

"I do. His name is Rowan Silvan and he is the fourth Prince of the Kingdom of Silvan."

Caliban agreed and turned to look behind me, to where Asher, Allen, and Caspian stood.

I swear I could see his red eyes glint with a murderous intent but it disappeared, making me wonder if it was just my imagination.

I made my way back to where the 3 men stood but not before I yelled to Caliban with a wave, "See you tomorrow at the royal hunt!" which earned a dashing smiled from Caliban.

"What happened?" Caspian questions and Asher and Allen looked at me, waiting for a response.

I smiled sheepishly.

"Well...I am in Caliban's team and I am sorry that I can't join you guys."

They stared at me in shock.

"Kaiiiiii!!!" Asher wined which made me cringe.

"Sorry!" I said.

The three of them decided to form a team together and were trying to find two more teammates which was not hard to do considering that they all had their fan clubs.

Soon, the royal hunt was about to begin...