19│Asher

Today was the second day of the royal hunt. Our team had hunted 6 low-level mythical beasts and 3 medium-level mythical beasts. So that means we have a total of 9 beast cores. The beast core is what is left from the mythical beasts. After we kill them, their body dissipates into the air and all that is left of them are hard crystals that contain large amounts of mana which we call beast cores.

Right now we were currently stalking our prey which was a low-level beast. After killing this beast, it will mark the 8th beast we killed today which will make the total amount of beast cores that we collected 17, among them were 11 low-level beast cores and 6 medium-level beast cores.

Swish!!!

An arrow rushed past me, striking the beast right in the middle of its heart. The beast dissipated in black smoke, leaving a fist-sized crystal in its place.

"Good job, Aiden," I said while picking up the beast core.

Aiden ran his fingers through his honey brown hair and smiled at me. Seeing his face, I blushed.

Why was he so handsome?

You see, I have a face kink. Handsome Ikemen are my weakness. I grew up in a village void of handsome men except of course my very best friend Kai.

I grew up in the village since I was born. I was praised by the villagers for my good looks and charm. I bathed in that praise and felt superior than Kai who was the second-best looking in the entire village. I thought that the villagers were truly blind to compare my beauty and charm to him, who I thought could never hold a candle to me. 

You know I never noticed how good looking Kai was until recently. Before he would always use to pester me and cling to me telling me to hang out with him. I never paid attention to him until for some weird reason he started to distance himself from me. This started on the first day of the mana tests when we were going to test our magic. I felt like something was off about him but I shook it off. 

When Kai tried to distance himself from, I started to notice him more. He looked so beautiful with his coal grey eyes and dark black hair. His grey eyes looked especially beautiful when he used mana. His eyes would turn a magnificent golden color and I would find myself lost in his eyes. 

I never forgot the sight that I saw when it was his turn to test during the Mana Tests. When Kai placed his hand onto the mana crystal, the entire world turned black and I felt like I was suffocating. I could not move and I realized that might have been the work of Jace, the God of Death.

The God of Death had descended from the eternal darkness to bless him, astonishing everyone, including me. 

Every god lives in heaven, however, only the God of Death lives in the eternal darkness, which the God of Death considers his home. The eternal darkness exists in another dimension, separate both from heaven and the land in which the 4 great Kingdoms prosper.

As the villagers and I stood frozen, and unmovable we could not utter a single word. After the appearance of the Dark Lord, he teleported with Kai somewhere. I have this weird feeling that Jace might have took Kai to his home, the eternal darkness.

After what seemed like hours, they finally appeared.

Kai's eyes were glowing with a golden color and his dark hair seemed even more darker. He had snow white skin and plump lips. I realized that he was more beautiful than me. He was breathtaking.

However, like all of my obsessions, he was like a fleeting dream. I started to take interest in the archbishop's son, Allen. He looked so elegant with his white priest robe and his matching white hair. Then came another pretty Ikemen, the crown prince of the kingdom of Asten, Caspian. He had attractive golden eyes that reminded me of Kai's eyes when he used mana and his dark red hair look so soft, his overall appearance enticing me.