29│Caliban

"When do you think they will wake up?" A female voice asked curiously.

"Caliban should wake up any minute now, however, I'm afraid that it will take Kai longer to wake up because he is in a coma despite the fact that Prince Rowan saved his life." 

"I see, it's a shame. His majesty and her majesty were finally reunited with their long lost son, however their son is in a coma."

"I feel so bad for the Queen. I heard from the other maid's that the Queen locked herself up in her palace in sadness."

What were they talking about?

I groaned as I tried to get up from the bed.

I saw two nurses outside of my room.

"Where is Kai?" I demanded.

"Quick! Call the doctor! He is awake!" One nurse yelled to the other nurse.

The other nurse nodded and ran off.

"Where. Is. Kai." I repeated myself with a deadly glare.

The nurse's eyes widened in fear.

"Room 202!" The nurse yelled out.

I slowly got up from my bed and walked to Room 202, which did not take me long as it was right next door to mine.

My heart clenched painfully when I saw Kai.

Kai was deathly pale, and he lied down peacefully on the bed.

I sat down on the chair beside his bed.

Why was I so weak? I couldn't even protect him!

I was angry. Angry at myself for not being strong enough to protect him from that damn dragon.

I grabbed his hand gently.

I remembered what he told me after the confrontation with Asher and Crown Prince Caspian.

"You are not a monster, Caliban. You are human, just like everyone else. I see you as my friend, I'm not afraid of you."

I was shocked when Kai said that. He was the first person to view me as his friend and not as a  monster.

After his confession to pursue me, I remember telling him, "I'll never fall in love with you Kai."

I lied. I have already fallen for him, hard.

He piqued my interests in our first encounter, but after spending time with him, I grew to love him. But, I can't love him. Everyone around me always got hurt. This was proven by my mother's death and Kai's injury.

The first 5 years of my life was the only time I felt love. After my mother's death, all I've known was hate.

But, every time I am with Kai, I feel these weird feelings. Feelings that I thought I lost.

Love.

"Please wake up. I'm sorry for being so weak." I said with tears streaming down my face.

"Can I speak with you Caliban?" A voice asked.

I spun around and came face to face with Jace.

"You, you are the god of death? Jace Nightwalker?"

"Yes."

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked.

Jace motioned me to step outside.

I followed him outside and all of a sudden, it turned dark.

"Where are we?"

It looked like we were in some sort of throne room.