18│Kai

Today was the day of the Royal Hunt.

The royal family of the four great kingdoms would be attending which includes the Kingdom of Arden, the Kingdom of Silvan, the Kingdom of Arna, and the Empire of Rain.

My team consisted of Caliban, Rino, Dustin, and Rowan. We walked towards the venue where the royal family and the students from the Academy would be gathering.

We walked into a large garden and saw that there were about 300 nobles in attendance and they were talking with each other. Many of the nobles were the student's families. There were some food and drinks which were located in the center of the garden.

The royal hunt will commence in an hour and we will be spending three nights in the woods which were filled with low-level to mid-level mythical beasts.

The barrier, which was created by the grand magician, was cast over the entire forest. The barrier's purpose was to keep the mythical beast within the woods in as well as serve as a shield, blocking high-ranked mythical beasts from entering.

The students at Thornclaw Royal Academy would be participating in teams of 5, however, starting last year, they started to let the royalty from the neighboring Kingdoms participate in the hunt if they wanted to, the only rule is that they must have a team of 5. They will disembark into the forest to defeat the beasts. For 3 days and 2 nights, the students and royalty who want to participate will need to brave the dangers of the woods.

Although we need to sleep outdoors, it not that bad. We were equipped with magical tents. The tents were made with mana and when folded, it looks like a normal tent and it is small enough to fit in our bags. However, once you open it, it expands in size and could easily fit 5 people. You would expect that the tent would be small, but it is as big as our dorm room! Inside the tent, everyone has their own beds and there is even a kitchen and bathroom.

If you are wondering how we are going to find enough space to set the tent up in the forest, then it's easy! From the outside, the tent looks like a normal-sized tent. But when you go in, the tent is huge! Think of it like a clown car.

Everything will be broadcasted in the waiting area. If the students encounter trouble or danger that is considered too much for them, the students can send a signal flare up into the sky. The royal knights would then be sent out to help them. The grand magician would cast a teleportation spell so that the royal knights would be able to teleport to where the person of interest is.

Mythical beasts, no matter the rank all have a beast core. These beast core can be obtained after killing the beasts. The beast core is very valuable and the higher the rank of the beast, the more valuable the cores are. The students can use any means to obtain these beast cores, even stealing beast cores from the other teams.

I was on alert because I knew that the Dragon, which was a high-ranked mythical beast would make its appearance during the time that we are in the Forrest, looking for its missing treasure.

That is where Caliban had originally got accused by Caspian that he had set lose the Dragon to hurt Asher.

I could not let Caliban be condemned!

The 4 King's and their Queen's were sitting on their thrones on top of a platform.

Only the King of Asten, the King of Arna, and the King of Silvan were married.

The Emperor of Rain was single because he only took the throne and became King two years ago when he was just 21 after his father's death.

I looked at the King and Queen of the Silvan Kingdom.

The King had light green eyes and midnight black hair while the queen had turquoise blue eyes and silver hair. The King, Hades Silvan was originally a count before he became the King of Silvan. And my mother, Celeste Silvan, the queen, was the only child and heir to the throne.